Derby vs Reading Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Better than all Billy Davies performances 

The first half was definitely but bits of it were similar to Billy in that there was a lot of hoofing to 5ft nothing Marriott and Holmes. I like it when we keep the ball on the floor like we did in the first half an hour rather than resort to pointless hoofing like lower sides in the championship.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

So are you saying it wasn’t one sided second half like the whiners said.

I’m just having a general pop at Radio Derby. Reading we’re defintely threatening 2nd half, especially the more tired we got. But I thought we stuck to the task well and maintained our concentration till the end. I was never worried we’d lose the lead. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

The first half was definitely but bits of it were similar to Billy in that there was a lot of hoofing to 5ft nothing Marriott and Holmes. I like it when we keep the ball on the floor like we did in the first half an hour rather than resort to pointless hoofing like lower sides in the championship.

Our game management is dodgy. 

When it's our turn to defend we always start trying to hit Hollywood passes and score with every touch.

It's like we see them attacking and rather than see danger we see opportunity. 

We get players trying to read and intercept the passes and so end up getting turned and put out the game. Everyone is planning the counter attack. I like the attitude but it isn't quite working. We end up getting our imaginary counter attack countered. Just opens the game up. 

But tbh my comment was more aimed at one of our wind up merchants

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Our game management is dodgy. 

When it's our turn to defend we always start trying to hit Hollywood passes and score with every touch.

It's like we see them attacking and rather than see danger we see opportunity. 

We get players trying to read and intercept the passes and so end up getting turned and put out the game. Everyone is planning the counter attack. I like the attitude but it isn't quite working. We end up getting our imaginary counter attack countered. Just opens the game up. 

But tbh my comment was more aimed at one of our wind up merchants

We don’t actually have many good defensive players.

Makes us exciting but vulnerable.

Glad we got the victory. Keeps us in the mix.

38 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Good win, could quite easily have slipped up today after our midweek efforts. Hopefully we'll play with more freedom at the Wham Stadium next Saturday.  

I hope we'll see something different from set pieces next week.

I'd certainly like to see a different corner routine, for example.

Thought we were good first 30 minutes should have been out of sight.  Thought towards the end of the first half and the second we looked leggy. However the boys still tried their hearts out. Roos good, mount was good getting back to where he was.  Well done lads now about to drive back to Reading with 3 points in our pockets COYRs 

Just now, Anag Ram said:

We don’t actually have many good defensive players.

Makes us exciting but vulnerable.

Glad we got the victory. Keeps us in the mix.

Yeah, they all just keep trying to pinch the ball. 

Be better off staying in shape and just staying behind it. Use our possession to kill the pace and grow into the game again. Even if you spend some time pointless passing before hoofing into the channels. Just survive the period of the game and be brave with the ball whenever possible. Scoring in it is great but more often we open the game up to their benefit

20 minutes ago, Topram said:

Big win massive 3 points some decent results around us again! Shame it was a poor crowd again 

How was it a poor crowd? It is January, a bad time for attendances and you have got to consider if the away end brought more it would have been above 27000 which is far from bad at this level. we are hardly going to sell out against Reading, unless the tickets were very cheap there is no way we could expect around the 30k mark.

Archived