Derby vs Reading Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

What was the figure announced as?

Over 26,000. I didn't think that was too bad given the weather and the fact that Reading don't bring many. 

An important win today against one of our bogey teams following on very quickly from an arduous midweek cup tie. 

That's the double done over Reading, who are improving and will hopefully take points off our rivals. 

Now time to rest up properly for our trip to Accrington Stanley.  

27 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Can I hazard a guess that you are not an athlete yourself?

Not fair. Have pictorial evidence to prove it too. Here's Muespach jogging home with his 12" Subway mate. Hope this dispels any assumptions that he might never have played the game. 

fat lad.jpg

A great 3 points today after a lot of nervy moments on the defensive side, and wastefulness on the attacking side but 3 points was always the most important part. I have to say Roos looked quality, and I would like to see him start against Accrington as well, and if he plays well give him a run in the team.  Defensively we were very vulnerable down the sides as per usual, and it something Frank must address if we want to go up. Hopefully Cole is an improvement on Malone , as his positioning was abysmal at times, Bogle isn't solid enough either  but I am not going to be harsh on him as he wasn't that bad, and offers a threat going forward.  We were clearly tired second half , and I was surprised how long it took to bring the subs on , hopefully the weeks break we will have will re energise the team.  It was a crucial 3 points today, and the fixture list looks good next few weeks, hopefully we can go on a win streak now and put our little dip in form behind us.

Could have been 4-0 up but we couldn't quite manage it. A combination of fatigue and constantly giving the ball away. They looked like a pub team until Aluko came on and then really pulled the strings. 

We'll take the 3 points.

a chance to recuperate  and send out our spies to watch Accrington train.

UTR

Good win, a large chunk of the second half we couldn't string two or three passes together. More composure needed, especially when under pressure. However, considering the levels we played at mid-week, you have to give the players credit today. Reading looked better second half. Loved our high intensity start to the match. Waghorn was chasing everything today.

First half was incredible, a joy to watch.

Second half, we went very narrow, you could tell the stamina was fading fast so we tried to make ourselves compact.

Problem was Wilson, Holmes and Mount were knackered and couldnt find each other with simple passes so we had no chance to counter attack well.

Huddlestone was done after an hour, Frank should have replaced him with Evans, the game completely passed him by last half hour.

Defence defended well and Roos had an excellent game, perhaps could have been out quicker for the goal. I think he recognised that and why he came out so far for his challenge on the wing.

Tougher than it needed to be second half, but I'll take any win over what is often a bogey team for us, especially after 120 mins 3 days earlier.

Happy to get the 3 points today against a team fighting to get away from the bottom.

We started really well and could have been comfortable at halftime with the chances we had, but anybody with an ounce of sense should have expected it to be a lot tougher in the second half after playing for 120 minutes on Wednesday.

Everbody played well in my opinion, but mistakes will always happen as players tire and I won't stick the boot in to Tomori for 1 mistake after an otherwise very good game.

Grinding this result out shows we are learning and improving. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Yeah they must be soooo tired. 2 games of football in 4 days...ohhh those poor little legs...! 

Needed some of those performance enhancing drugs your boyhood hero took ?

You used to make some good posts, now your just a poo Bris Vegas ?

Archived