Derby vs Reading Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

With unreserved apologies for my tardiness, please accept this match day thread for Derby v Reading.

Saturday 19th January, 15. 00

Pride Park Stadium

*****THERE IS STILL TIME TO SECURE YOUR SEAT*****

will we recover from last night's efforts, or will fatigue sap our vim and vigour against a reading side who still need to scrap a bit to avoid the drop down.

Will we hear from domesticated reading fan @daib0

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I forgot until I was reminded that I was starting the match thread. I ain't no Bielsa

Im doing me and me dad a powerpoint presentation which explains the route we will take, where we will park. What we will order from frankie and bennys.

I might even send me dad to spy on what fella over on other table is eating,  what sort of burger, sauce,  chips.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Im doing me and me dad a powerpoint presentation which explains the route we will take, where we will park. What we will order from frankie and bennys.

I might even send me dad to spy on what fella over on other table is eating,  what sort of burger, sauce,  chips.

Only to ease your anxiety?

All quiet on the matchthread front? Despite the splendid performance on Wednesday. Looking forward to this, having bagged "hospitality" in a DCFC Black Friday deal! Though apparently it's bangers and mash rather than prawn sarnies.

The team's likely to be a case of who recovers quickly enough after Wednesday's extra time exertions. Marriott didn't look great when he went off, so may well be a miss. I wasn't sure why Bogle came off - if just cramp he should be OK (as Waghorn). Going to guess Lampard will go for:

Carson

Bogle     Keogh     Tomori     Malone

Huddlestone

Bryson        Mount

Wilson     Waghorn     Lawrence

Bench: Roos   Wisdom   Holmes   Evans   Bennett   Nugent   Josefzoon

Carson (even thought Roos could have earnt a spot)

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole (just for a laugh) 

Huddlestone

Mount Holmes

Waghorn Marriott Wilson

Subs - Roos, Wisdom, Bryson, Malone, Bennett, Lawrence, Nugent

If Marriott can’t play then put Waghorn in the middle and Bennett out wide. 

2 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Carson (even thought Roos could have earnt a spot)

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole (just for a laugh) 

Huddlestone

Mount Holmes

Waghorn Marriott Wilson

Subs - Roos, Wisdom, Bryson, Malone, Bennett, Lawrence, Nugent

If Marriott can’t play then put Waghorn in the middle and Bennett out wide. 

Zola for Wilson and think that will be the team.

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Can't believe you've gone for Mount. This is getting too easy. 

In order not to bring the game into disrepute, I shall explain my reasoning. I've also posted my prediction before you to give you a chance; I've lost three in a row, so you're due a pasting.

The obvious choice is Wilson, as we've been tending to score first from set pieces rather than open play. However, he scored against Southampton, so, although not statistically less likely to do it again, I'm rotating my options. 

Next most likely, Marriott, but he tends to score later on in games, and was looking off it last match. 

Waghorn? Scored last time, but I'm not convinced he's sufficiently up to speed to do it again. 

Holmes was my choice last time, based on his impact on coming into the side, but although playing well, he's not really getting into goal scoring positions. 

Lawrence? Miseed about three sitters against Southampton, so he can duck off.

Of the other outfield players, I'd be most tempted by Bogle or Tomori, as they like to get in the mix, but they have to be less likely than one of the front six. 

Of the likely starters, I feel that Mount is returning to form after a bit of a dry spell, so I'd like to see him regain his confidence with a goal. 

As for the draw, Reading are obviously pants, but they're a bit of a bogey side at home, we're inconsistent generally, and it's possibly a game too far to win after Wednesday. 

I didn't respond in the prediction thread as that inflames the wrath of Ronnie. 

No idea what reading are like, but they’re down the bottom for a reason. Gotta be able to show we can handle the pressure, cause we really should be getting a calm and composed win here. Got to be able to translate performances against prem sides as underdogs to games like this, anything other than 3 points will be points dropped. Just have to go out and play our natural game, once we got going on Wednesday and started moving into better position and choosing better passes we looked excellent and incisive at the end of that first half on Wednesday, translate that to here from the start and we should be good.

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Mount Bryson

Waghorn Marriott Wilson

See no reason to change that team, looked to have the most balance bringing in some strength and calmness in Waghorn and the hudd. Players who were dropped haven’t done anything to deserve a return. Only think is it’s likely some may be tired from Saturday so naturally they may have to be rested.

According to excel we should win this game. I entered Derby in column A and Reading in column B. I then triangulated league form with goals scored and conceded. This highlighted that Derby are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen and autopopulated a 3 to the Rams and zero to Reading. Finally, I copy and pasted this to PowerPoint and showed someone.

Apparently this shows what a plonker I am and that 5 year olds are doing this at school. But then someone from Yorkshire told me I’m a  genius and I must be the love child of Stephen Hawking and Carol Vorderman!

Roos

Bogle        Keogh              Tomori       Malone

Evans

Mount                   Wilson

Waghorn              Marriott                Lawrence

Am i the only one who think Roos should start? Carson looks like he needs a rest and Roos needs games.

Hopefully move Wilson into CM and start Lawrence. 

49 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Roos

Bogle        Keogh              Tomori       Malone

Evans

Mount                   Wilson

Waghorn              Marriott                Lawrence

Am i the only one who think Roos should start? Carson looks like he needs a rest and Roos needs games.

Hopefully move Wilson into CM and start Lawrence. 

Agree re Roos, you’re not alone Ed, been a few calling for a start. Scotty can and still is No1 but Roos yep I’m for that, looked very competent and deserves a chance 

Archived