Watchable telly

dog

On 26/06/2022 at 13:06, 86 Hair Islands said:

Just had a quick gander at the show's IMDB page. I'll give it a go but I thought the one and only user review to date might give you a giggle!

image.thumb.png.3b0117e2687dca0a0b152d03fb41d224.png

Oh dear, i am quite enjoying it!  Must be a teenager at heart.  It's not the best but i don't take things to seriously and it's watchable.

On 26/06/2022 at 12:38, Bob The Badger said:

Mrs Badger pointed that out last night. Do report back.

We've just got back into the 4th season of the brilliant Spiral after disappointing sojourns to watch Bosch Legacy and Sherwood (which I'm glad we caught up on because I was at breaking point with it).

I think Spiral is a close 2nd to me behind Gomorrah for subtitled series.

Hi Bob, i am 3 episodes into Blocco, its not the best but certainly watchable (though i'm fairly easily pleased).  Where can i find Spiral as Gomorrah is still the best for me so will certainly give it a go.

On 21/06/2022 at 22:19, Rev said:

4 episodes in, and Sherwood is as good as anything I've watched recently. 

Whip sharp writing that's attracted a cast where literally everyone is a well known actor, I can't recall a better ensemble in a British drama ever.

Did notice that 5 minutes into the first episode someone referred to them as Notts Forest.  Can imagine their faux outrage over something they been outraged about since at least 2010. Dear points of view, I'm a saddo who constantly goes on about Forest kingdoms, being world famous and Garibaldis etc ......

That alone gives it a Pele/10 for me. 

The Staircase 

Having watched the Netflix Documentary twice I was already committed to watching this.

Pretty disappointed I have to say. High profile cast but found the acting quite hammy, the pacing is grating and the constantly changing time-lines and viewpoints just make your head spin or switch off. 

4/10. Don't waste your time on it, the original documentary is infinitely better.

53 minutes ago, Rev said:

The present Mrs Rev and I have started watching Succession, and are loving it so far. 

Brain off, enjoy the dialogue and acting.

The general bitchiness and one upmanship we all secretly wish we could indulge in but are too polite to do ourselves, laid out for our entertainment. 

It's brilliant. Some of the best dialogue ever written and a world class collective of c****.

25 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

It's brilliant. Some of the best dialogue ever written and a world class collective of c****.

My favourite so far was when the son was raising his arm to vote in the board meeting. 

"Roman, you better be sniffing your fookin armpit son".

On 21/06/2022 at 22:19, Rev said:

4 episodes in, and Sherwood is as good as anything I've watched recently. 

Whip sharp writing that's attracted a cast where literally everyone is a well known actor, I can't recall a better ensemble in a British drama ever.

just watching this now. Loving the fact that Four Lions simpleton Faisal has a cracking part in it.

https://images.app.goo.gl/diNYomnbDhhxWprJ9

image.png.4cb464855a018a7ec568a99d0a2b0115.png

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Crewton said:

BBC4 showing the whole series of Boys From The Blackstuff tonight. Just watching Yosser's Story - Bernard Hill with possibly one of the finest performances ever in a British TV programme. 

Watched it when it was first on TV - I remembered the humour but I’d forgotten just how bleak it was…..

On 13/07/2022 at 22:37, Crewton said:

BBC4 showing the whole series of Boys From The Blackstuff tonight. Just watching Yosser's Story - Bernard Hill with possibly one of the finest performances ever in a British TV programme. 

For years after watching Boys From The Blackstuff when it was first shown, I had this desire to nut the buttons in lifts.

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

For years after watching Boys From The Blackstuff when it was first shown, I had this desire to nut the buttons in lifts.

The pub scene at the end of 'George's Last Ride' is a classic. When I had a Saturday job in a shop in town, a bouncer who knew the manager knew used to come in and do the 'Shake hands' thing with the lads - taught me I had to develop a firm handshake ASAP ?

On 30/06/2022 at 22:25, Rev said:

The present Mrs Rev and I have started watching Succession, and are loving it so far. 

Brain off, enjoy the dialogue and acting.

The general bitchiness and one upmanship we all secretly wish we could indulge in but are too polite to do ourselves, laid out for our entertainment. 

The writing gets better as it goes along.

The Undeclared War with Simon Pegg 

I utterly loved it to begin with, but then it felt hurried and the what seems to be th enow obligatory lesbian relationship just superfluous and added nothing to the story.

Some of the acting was great, especially Pegg, Mark Rylance and the female lead and the parallels/coincidences are amazing. In the program BJ has been just ousted as PM and the makers must have wet themselves with excitement when that actually happened in reality. Putin is also running rampant.

If you like psychological, very high tech covert spy stuff that is kinda scary in a this-could-happen kinda way, then you will probably like this and it's better than 95% of ITV dramas.

A solid Lee Carsley, but it could have been a Whoa Bobby with a bit more care and a couple more episodes. 

On 26/06/2022 at 12:38, Bob The Badger said:

Mrs Badger pointed that out last night. Do report back.

We've just got back into the 4th season of the brilliant Spiral after disappointing sojourns to watch Bosch Legacy and Sherwood (which I'm glad we caught up on because I was at breaking point with it).

I think Spiral is a close 2nd to me behind Gomorrah for subtitled series.

Based on positive comments on here I've started watching Spiral and now part way through series 3. It's superb and the Gilou character is brilliant. On BBC i-player and highly recommend it.