Watchable telly

dog

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Finished it last night. It's good, hope you enjoy!

On episode 3, I knew the story from USA newspaper reports a couple of years back, There was a case of the same ilk in Florida way back...where there's money there's corruption...for sure?

18 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Did you watch all the other seasons of Bosch? I really wasn't arsed about the first one but stuck with it and it got a lot better and became excellent.

And what is free view? I saw that, but have never noticed it before on Amazon. Does that mean even people with Prime have to labour through ads? Because I presume you can't fast forward through them like a recording. 

I did watch the other seasons Bob, i thought they were great too(Connelly/ Bosch book fan). Freevee is exactly as you described it, but it's not like sky, adverts every ten minutes. You get two -30 second ads in each episode, which are roughly 50 minutes long. Also, if you have Netflix, i would recommend the Lincoln Lawyer (Harry's brother).

28 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

It was my go-to lockdown viewing. Perfect.

Apparently they are doing a one-off (Christmas??) special later this year.

I didn't know that. Great news.

It's been the perfect tonic for me recently. Been on a bit of a downer and it's such a perfect pick-me-up. The last episode of the second series is just perfection.

Finished the latest episodes of Stranger Things season 4. Really wasn't prepared for how dark this season was going to be, but after adjusting my expectations following that first episode I loved it. 

One episode (if you've seen it you can probably guess which one) had me weeping at the end. What a great use of a classic song.

The child actors are definitely more like adults now, but I can suspend my disbelief long enough to ignore it. Can't wait for the last two episodes to drop.

On 07/06/2022 at 14:43, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Been rewatching Detectorists. Brilliant.

On 07/06/2022 at 14:45, therealhantsram said:

It was my go-to lockdown viewing. Perfect.

Apparently they are doing a one-off (Christmas??) special later this year.

On 07/06/2022 at 15:15, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I didn't know that. Great news.

It's been the perfect tonic for me recently. Been on a bit of a downer and it's such a perfect pick-me-up. The last episode of the second series is just perfection.

Just grabbing season 1 now. Sounds like just the tonic I need right now.

9 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Finished the latest episodes of Stranger Things season 4. Really wasn't prepared for how dark this season was going to be, but after adjusting my expectations following that first episode I loved it. 

One episode (if you've seen it you can probably guess which one) had me weeping at the end. What a great use of a classic song.

The child actors are definitely more like adults now, but I can suspend my disbelief long enough to ignore it. Can't wait for the last two episodes to drop.

As I posted earlier - definitely the darkest of the seasons and all the better for it IMO.

Almost finished 'Barry'.  

Really enjoyed it. Hard to describe accurately, but I suppose I'd go with black comedy. 

Hit man who takes up acting. Lots of comments on the acting industry and sly digs at the nature of the business but in way that is still slightly reverential about it at the same time. 

14 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

A bit disappointed with the current series of Inside No 9 so I’ve started watching an old series staring Sean Lock called 15 Storeys High (BBC IPlayer). Probably an acquired taste but I’m quite enjoying it so far.

Inside No 9 always gets better as the seasons progress, last couple in this one have followed that trend

Edited by BaaLocks

On 10/06/2022 at 20:26, Tamworthram said:

A bit disappointed with the current series of Inside No 9 so I’ve started watching an old series staring Sean Lock called 15 Storeys High (BBC IPlayer). Probably an acquired taste but I’m quite enjoying it so far.

I’ve actually enjoyed Inside no 9 but 15 Storeys High is fun, too.

On 10/06/2022 at 20:26, Tamworthram said:

I’ve started watching an old series staring Sean Lock called 15 Storeys High (BBC IPlayer). Probably an acquired taste but I’m quite enjoying it so far.

We watched it a couple of months ago - weird that it totally passed me by at the time. I guess it didn't get much coverage, and not doubt suffered from being in the era just before social media exploded. A definite cult classic, with some epsiodes bordering on the genius

On 07/06/2022 at 13:50, I am Ram said:

i would recommend the Lincoln Lawyer

Watching that at the moment, as it was showing up as #1 in the UK.

The story seems engaging enough but the script and the acting (especially his mate with the beard) seems pretty poor in places

48 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

The story seems engaging enough but the script and the acting (especially his mate with the beard) seems pretty poor in places

Watched 30mins. Thought it had the quality of a modern day 'Matlock'/'Diagnosis Murder' or whatever from the 80s .. slightly naff, cardboardy, crappy 'made for tv' feel about it that I wasn't expecting. 

17 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's obviously not for everyone, i did state my bias, in that i'm a fan of the author. The book is probably 15 or more years old, so this has been woked up a bit for modern times. Cisco(beardman), is supposed to be a 6'7 menacing ex hells angel. My first thoughts were, that isn't Cisco, not tall or scary.