Watchable telly

dog

On 18/08/2022 at 11:45, JoetheRam said:

It would be interesting if some clever clogs could do a chronological cut of BCS, BB and El Camino. 

Biggest problem with that, for me, would be how Aaron Paul looks so much older (and not instantly recognisable to me) in the 'prequel' scenes of BCS than he does in either BB or El Camino! 

Otherwise, I think it would be really interesting. 

51 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Biggest problem with that, for me, would be how Aaron Paul looks so much older (and not instantly recognisable to me) in the 'prequel' scenes of BCS than he does in either BB or El Camino! 

Otherwise, I think it would be really interesting. 

He was under a lot of stress back then!

I've one episode of Better Call Saul to go - presuming there's 12 that is.

Brilliantly acted, incredibly well filmed and with a super sharp script.

So why am I so bored with it?

I'm not sure what the point of going on was, it feels like they had to make a certain amount of episodes and this is bolted on.

Maybe it will all bind together in the last episode. I hope so because it has been great. 

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've one episode of Better Call Saul to go - presuming there's 12 that is.

Brilliantly acted, incredibly well filmed and with a super sharp script.

So why am I so bored with it?

I'm not sure what the point of going on was, it feels like they had to make a certain amount of episodes and this is bolted on.

Maybe it will all bind together in the last episode. I hope so because it has been great. 

I was where you are.

The last episode is worth waiting for.

It’s undoubtedly a clever programme, but a bit style over substance at times in this latest series.

Saul/ Jimmy is a great fictional character and one that will stay in the memory. Similarly I won’t be able to watch Rhea Seehorn without thinking of Kim Wexler.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Its 20 years on, so I think Norman looks OK considering!

Michael Lang came across as a bit of a plank really.

Really good watch I thought.  Looked hellishly hot...felt dehydrated just watching.

When Korn opened their set with 'Blind' it was both spine-tingly and frightening to watch  -how people didn't get crushed to death was unbelievable. 

Stumbled across this before seeing it recommended here. The shots of the audience when Korn were playing are just insane. I despise that frat boy American - the sort who just flexes their muscles and screams "whoo, let's go, yaayyyy, <insert expletive>" so this was largely a tough watch for me. But just amazing what happens when you put a lot of drunk people in a space with no controls and then whip them into a frenzy.

BTW - the Norm Cook comments remind me of those "look at <insert name of 1960s sex bomb> thirty years on, you won't believe pictures of her". Shock horror, person ages at the rate of one year per year - fancy that eh!

Marriage: being touted as great BBC drama but I'm three quarters of the way through and it's passing me completely by. Meant to be intimate and 'small' but it's just slow and thin. Writing is poor, characters (particularly the boss character and the daughters boyfriend), scenarios etc are totally unbelivable. Something amazing has to happen in the last episode to save anything of this.

13 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Marriage: being touted as great BBC drama but I'm three quarters of the way through and it's passing me completely by. Meant to be intimate and 'small' but it's just slow and thin. Writing is poor, characters (particularly the boss character and the daughters boyfriend), scenarios etc are totally unbelivable. Something amazing has to happen in the last episode to save anything of this.

I liked its different style initially but then fell asleep. 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

I see the Beeb plugging The Capture lots at the moment.

I totally missed series 1 (2019) - is it worth me watching S1?

Typical BBC drama of the past five years.

Trying to be clever but using dialogue and behaviour no one has ever used in real life.

It’s harmless enough entertainment and there are some good characters. Holliday Grainger is a favourite of mine which means I’m watching episode one of series two as I type.

Yes, I’m shallow.

21 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Holliday Grainger is a favourite of mine which means I’m watching episode one of series two as I type.

Yes, I’m shallow.

I am too, when it comes to her. Hadn't realised she was in it.

Thanks for the heads up. This had passed me by whenever it was on. ?