Watchable telly

dog

Enjoying Money Heist on Netflix. 

Expected it to be pants. The first episode I thought was boring but it picks up and I've enjoyed it. Especially the non action spy v spy stuff. 

Only one problem is the narrator of the story is Tokyo. I don't like a single thing about her and I think at the very least you're supposed to think she's a sexy good time girl. She belongs in a crap James Bond film. 

Any clever thrillers out there? Love a good "oh!!" moment 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

You seem to be quite defensive of it and I'm not sure I'd describe it as "adult" humour. 

It's all a matter of taste and this debate may help the enquirer decide whether to watch it or not. If I hadn't seen it before then, given the divided opinions, I probably watch an episode or two to give it a try which, is probably the sensible thing to do. Incidentally, my first post, in response to the original Enquiry didn't refer to Mr Bobby. I was just suggesting, not very successfully, that some things could be considered iconic but that doesn't make them good such as, Last of the summer wine and Allo Allo. 

I wasn't defensive... I think you were perhaps. Its OK to not like something but I just think you didn't present a reflection of what it was actually like. 

However, you have crossed the line referencing Allo Allo. I won't hear a bad word said about it. Rene gave young me hope I could find a girlfriend and Yvette remains my favourite comedy character ever. Happy innocent days. 

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I wasn't defensive... I think you were perhaps. Its OK to not like something but I just think you didn't present a reflection of what it was actually like. 

However, you have crossed the line referencing Allo Allo. I won't hear a bad word said about it. Rene gave young me hope I could find a girlfriend and Yvette remains my favourite comedy character ever. Happy innocent days. 

Helga Helga Helga

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Enjoying Money Heist on Netflix. 

Expected it to be pants. The first episode I thought was boring but it picks up and I've enjoyed it. Especially the non action spy v spy stuff. 

Only one problem is the narrator of the story is Tokyo. I don't like a single thing about her and I think at the very least you're supposed to think she's a sexy good time girl. She belongs in a crap James Bond film. 

Any clever thrillers out there? Love a good "oh!!" moment 

If you have Prime, have a look at Patriot. Sneaky Pete is clever too. 

Blackpool, featuring Sarah Parish, David Tennant, David Morrissey, Steve Pemberton and Jon Thompson amongst others is available to watch free on YouTube.

Hard to describe, but it's a musical murder mystery series set on the Golden Mile, and undeservedly seems to have slipped most people's minds.

46 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Its very clever. But Patriot is amazing too. I don’t think the synopsis does it justice. 

I can't imagine how comedy in an actual mind games thriller could work. 

Just started watching 'The Woods' on Netflix - pretty good so far, though anyone thinking of watching it should switch on subtitles and use the original Polish audio - the American over-dubbed audio is dreadful and really distracts from the story....

On 18/06/2020 at 09:57, SaintRam said:

Almost caught up with Better Call Saul and have the same opinion.

I love Breaking Bad, but I don't hold it on the pedestal that some (including many of my friends) do; really boils down to the fact that, in my opinion, BCS is an exploration into the far more interesting characters of Breaking Bad.

I do wish I'd be able to forget about Breaking Bad and watch it again when BCS is finished though; I feel like the development of all these side characters would really improve my experience watching BB. I might re-watch it after, anyway.

Have you watched the movie spin off of BB, El Camino?

The people who made that are bigger criminals the the criminals in it. Horrible.

24 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Have you watched the movie spin off of BB, El Camino?

The people who made that are bigger criminals the the criminals in it. Horrible.

No, although my expectations for El Camino are not high.

While BCS is the exploration of all of the most interesting (imo) characters of breaking bad; El Camino seems like the result of removing all characters of any interest at all ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Scratching round with nothing to watch I returned to 'The Last Dance'. 

I have previously posted I couldn't see what the fuss was about, so already 2 or 3 episode in, I was only half watching. 

However, got to admit as a series it just grew and grew. Every later episode layered on complexity and did what I said it didn't...transcend the sport. 

The human angles were added eg the Steve Kerr story, but it was the focus on what drove Jordan, the alleged slights, the death of his father etc that really took it to another level. Glad I stuck with it because the last few episodes were really emotionally charged in a way the first couple didn't even begin to promise. 

Just noticed that BBC2 repeated Marvellous on Wednesday - well worth a watch for anyone who hasn’t seen it. Tells the true story of Neil Baldwin - a man tagged at school with “learning difficulties” who then went on to become a Circus Clown, Lay Preacher, unofficial student greeter at Keele University and Stoke City kit man. 

It’s a strange mix of fantasy, musical and biopic with a tremendous performance from Toby Jones playing Neil. On iPlayer for the next month....

On 15/06/2020 at 17:51, TexasRam said:

4 left for me, what a program. Walter White has to be one of the all time best characters on TV. 

Now watching Killing Eve, and have to say Villanelle is probably and even better character than Walter White. She’s an absolute psycho