Wouldn’t be Christmas without it

Day

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

You Americans eh... The best Christmas movie ever is Zulu..

Ah yes nothing like plonking the kids in front if the telly for an afternoon of heart warming fluffy zulu.

All that expense, buying stuff you don't need, huge anticipation followed by crushing realisation its all over-hyped and the second coming is a damb squib. Few months later memory  is erased and the expectation starts to build again.

Hang on... Christmas.? Sorry I thought you asked about the Feb to end of season run in. 

• Expose in the papers on how some winter wonderland is actually just some garden sheds in the middle of an industrial estate
  • Friends at work telling you how they spent a king's ransom taking little Johnny to Lapland to see the real Santa but it was worth it to see the look on his face
  • Phoning the girl in accounts to apologise for your inappropriate behaviour at the Christmas Party
  • Talking of Christmas parties, spending four hours with people you have very little fondness for but pretending this is somehow the right thing to do
  • Buying a turkey the size of a small T-Rex to feed your family of four and wishing by Dec 30th to never, ever see turkey again
  • Buying picallili and then remembering just why it wasn't in the cupboard
  • Sitting watching a rerun of The Generation Game 1975 Christmas show and complaining that they must have something better to put on telly at this time of year
  • Watching Mrs Brown's Boys and wondering just how the hell it gets airtime
  • Listening to Fairytale of New York and turning the person next to you to say 'now this is what I call a tune'

5 hours ago, rynny said:

Someone commenting on how crap it must be to have a birthday so close to Christmas.

Yes, yes it is. 

When's your birthday @rynny? I'm the 22nd, and it's not so bad.

I just order in a present twice the value of what I could command normally, and leave the excess on the Xmas tab!

Archived