Wouldn’t be Christmas without it

David

On 11/11/2019 at 18:31, Paul71 said:

People buying enough food and drink to feed a small country because the shops are closed for a couple of days if that.

When I was a kid, Dad would say to Mum "Don't forget we need plenty of bum fodder" before their Christmas shop. I once asked Dad why does he call toilet paper bum fodder? He said because it's fodder bum. We always tell people that one at Christmas and it gets a laugh! ?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

This is the issue, people, whatever their back ground are not offended at all. The issue is you have 'some' people who choose to be offended on their behalf, probably drawing salaries in order to do so. I think its probably not as bad as it sometimes seems, but when each story hits the tabloid media it is exaggerated, and this in turn causes resentment among 'some' of the public.

It is these people who try and dilute Christmas, or try and ban the flag at World Cup time etc that cause more damage to relations between different communities, faiths and backgrounds.

Willing to bet if you listen in on conversations of 'some' white, christian british people they will be heard moaning thats its ok for 'them' to have 'their' diwali lights and celebrations but not 'us' to have 'ours'.

It happens the other way round too. I remember feeling genuinely sad when there was uproar over a Muslim family featuring in about 3 seconds of a 1-minute Christmas ad. It was utterly pathetic.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It happens the other way round too. I remember feeling genuinely sad when there was uproar over a Muslim family featuring in about 3 seconds of a 1-minute Christmas ad. It was utterly pathetic.

Uproar from morons indeed.

28 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Who or what was the advert for?

Just a normal Christmas advert, featuring a three-second clip of a Muslim family out of a one-minute advert. Take a look at the comments to see the kind of Bamfords that still exist today. I know they only represent a tiny minority of people, but it really does wind me up.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just a normal Christmas advert, featuring a three-second clip of a Muslim family out of a one-minute advert. Take a look at the comments to see the kind of Bamfords that still exist today. I know they only represent a tiny minority of people, but it really does wind me up.

I could just eat a turkey sandwich 

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That is thoroughly depressing reading that.

You know when you read things like that, it makes me think that its not free broadband for all that labour should be promising, its legislation to prevent morons like some of those posting having any internet access.

The one comment i did like though was this one

'When my sons muslim girlfriend comes round at Christmas we make her sit in a darkened room and make regular checks that she isn't enjoying herself.'

Clearly taking the piss out of all the morons posting the crap they were.

Archived