Sign in to follow this  
David

Jack Marriott

40 minutes ago, David said:

I refuse to entertain the other thread on Marriott, title is ridiculous as tonight showed, doesn't deserve that, did deserve his goal and his place in the team.

Despite limited service thought he had a great game, would have had a couple more if given the ball, no doubting that lad knows where the net is.

Didn't stop running all game, got himself in some great positions, you can see why he banged in so many for Peterborough. 

Well played Jack, well played 👏

Spot on

Did really well considering he didn’t get much ball to feet in dangerous areas; do believe once we work out how to find him better, this lad will bulge the back of the net regularly.

Maybe way too early to say it but I’m going to anyway ..... reminds me of Michael Owen... the poachers goal against Man Utd, the snap shot at QPR & today’s goal ... true goal scorer, split second reaction = goal!!! This isn’t coached into a player it’s a natural ability. If he continues in this vein we’ve got a player on our hands. 

Watching the game today, I saw him get into good positions to score a least 3 times and each time he did not receive that ball, that should have been passed. Today was only his 2nd league start of the season and I feel he will get better. We have a player that could go on to be our top goalscorer of the season. The more he starts and plays, the better he will get, as the rest of the team link up with him.

His movement and timing of runs is amongst the best I've ever seen. From any player ever. Beyond the old "poachers instinct" he can sit on the defensive line and in 0.0000003 seconds (ok perhaps an exaggeration) have suddenly ended up beyond them with the ball about to shoot.

You can't handle that as a defender, it's a nightmare.

Maybe his other play could do with work, but that particular understanding of the game is far beyond this level.