Sign in to follow this  
David

Jack Marriott

Credit to both the player and set up here. It would have been easy for Marriott to let his head down after finding himself 2nd if not 3rd choice at the start of the season. The togetherness of the group has meant he's quietly learned the championship trade from Nugent while Frank has brought him in at the right time. 

Adapting to the league is half the fight, Lampard and his signings seem to have hit that nail on the head. 

Very interesting player now we can see him starting. Must admit from substitute appearances I was struggling to discern what he offers, but now he’s starting you can see he’s far more intelligent that I expected. When we bought him I was expecting a young Darren bent, nowt wrong with that of course, but was expecting him to be an off the shoulder type poacher. And to an extent he has that in his locker. But he’s got more than that, his movement in excellent and drags defenders around, for example his dummy run allowed for boggles superb pass to Lawrence second half. He’s gained a couple of yards of pace as well, and is pretty good at dropping deep and carrying the ball forward.

I think he could be our striker for a long time, he’s got that aura of a Steve Howard, chris Martin etc where the fans get behind him and he creates fear in the opposition. Every generation of a team needs that striker to build around and he could well be it. As long as we don’t launch it aerially to him. That didn’t work😂

Thought he was a terrier on acid. All over the place and with a nice touch too. Not brilliant in the air but that’s about the only negative I can see. Hunted down everything, harried their GK and that curving run to take Fozzie’s cross was just perfect. .. heard strains of sweet chariot ringing out .. think we might be hearing that again a few times this season. 

18 hours ago, Alpha said:

I like his rapid reaction shots. Got a laser targeting system

I think this itself proves he is no dud. You cant teach that first time instinctive finish. The one against QPR, I couldn't see anyone else in the squad finishing that off. Its a natural talent. Give him the ball and he will score. 

The goal he scored yesterday was excellent and so was his reading of the game in the box, message to wide players don’t fanny about with the ball trying to look good get in there and he will put them away

Edited by Sparkle

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I think he could be our striker for a long time, he’s got that aura of a Steve Howard, chris Martin etc where the fans get behind him and he creates fear in the opposition. Every generation of a team needs that striker to build around and he could well be it.

This is my sense of him also, not just in his play but in how he comes across in interviews. He seems to have intelligence and a steady confidence, with just the right smidgen of arrogance. In this regard he does remind me of Chris Martin. 

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

This is my sense of him also, not just in his play but in how he comes across in interviews. He seems to have intelligence and a steady confidence, with just the right smidgen of arrogance. In this regard he does remind me of Chris Martin. 

Yeah should’ve mentioned that actually, his interview was a great listen last night

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah should’ve mentioned that actually, his interview was a great listen last night

I think he's spoken well ever since he joined. Just a gut feeling really, but I think he'll establish himself and do the business. 

We haven't really replaced that club 'talisman' quality since Chis Martin was at his peak. I never felt it with Vydra, despite his obvious success. 

As you say, it's something about the player embodying the belief of the fans, and getting in the faces of the opposition. 

Sorry if that's a bit too esoteric.