Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David

Jack Marriott

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Biley66 said:

His name is The Dude

Whilst I suggested it first you can be my agent Biley66 and you can have the kudos thereunto. 😎👌

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Biley66 said:

Ok RP whatever, let’s agree he’s a rough diamond Davison/Saunders/Gee 25 a season instinct type ... Hector even? We can dream ...

Bloomer*. He’s the next Steve Bloomer

Share this post


Link to post

We don't know the future for JM but we do know his history.  Loaned out time and again by Ipswich, then dragged himself up through lower leagues.  To me this shows he is a grafter which has been exemplified on the pitch now he is being given a chance to start and show what he's about.  And and as for his pace, blistering, you just knew that once he got into gear he was going to get that ball;  in our house we love that about him; could give our whippets a run for their money.

 He's got captain written all over him for the future judging by his eloquence (and modesty) in interviews and determination on the pitch.  Exciting prospect for DCFC.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sasha said:

We don't know the future for JM but we do know his history.  Loaned out time and again by Ipswich, then dragged himself up through lower leagues.  To me this shows he is a grafter which has been exemplified on the pitch now he is being given a chance to start and show what he's about.  And and as for his pace, blistering, you just knew that once he got into gear he was going to get that ball;  in our house we love that about him; could give our whippets a run for their money.

 He's got captain written all over him for the future judging by his eloquence (and modesty) in interviews and determination on the pitch.  Exciting prospect for DCFC.  

Come off it, he's not that fast and captain!? 

He's quick enough, sure, but he's not even close to blistering.

Share this post


Link to post

There is no reason why JM can't be a 20-25 goal a season striker, as long as he gets the service. Twice on Saturday we played good balls in to him. The first one he set back for Bryson, the second he tucked away nicely.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 21/10/2018 at 09:32, Dappled Ram said:

Please can we ban the use of the word dud in relation to any Derby player.

On the other hand, scanning a post for the word allows us to identify the eejits without having to read the rest of their drivel.

Share this post


Link to post

Final whistle interview he mentioned he was lacking fitness when he joined. Aware of the man at Peterborough a good while ago, in a thread somewhere,  I’ve real man love for the guy. He’s a real character and I’ve 100% faith in his ability. We’ve got so much to look forward to with this fella....Just watch him go. Jacks Back 🐏

Share this post


Link to post

I remember Frank saying a lil while back that JT told him Marriott was a right nuisance to play against through the whole 90 and had that natural striker's instinct and a real dogged determination and grit. If JT said it, that was good enough for me to know Marriott was bound to succeed over here in the right environment.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, jimbobram said:

There is no reason why JM can't be a 20-25 goal a season striker, as long as he gets the service. Twice on Saturday we played good balls in to him. The first one he set back for Bryson, the second he tucked away nicely.  

He received 4 good crosses. Missed 2 half chances.

An assist and a goal from 4 crosses is good though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, StringerBell said:

He shinned it.

This is true, but your shin has to be there to score it.  He had a snap shot with his foot a bit earlier and it went wide.

Long live his shin I say.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Boycie said:

This is true, but your shin has to be there to score it.  He had a snap shot with his foot a bit earlier and it went wide.

Long live his shin I say.

Very clever I thought to deliberately make sure he hit with his shin rather than getting a cleaner strike with his boot which may well have sent it wide. 😉

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.