Jack Marriott

Day

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SKRam said:

You referring to the tibia then.... seeing as I just looked it up I now know this. Side of his leg and he meant it, he’ll tell you that ?

I think he did mean it. Great finsh. 

Instinctive finisher. You just can't teach that. Don't care if it was his shin, Bent scored one with his third leg.

Worked his a*se off all game, lovely cushioned lay off for Bryson's goal, got in some great positions, only to be let down by wayward passes.

Glad he's finally coming into it - very good man management by Frankie, not been rushed, pressured, had his chance to get his fitness back. Could prove to be the bargain of the season?

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think he did mean it. Great finsh. 

Absolutely meant it, guiding it into the far corner when a more direct contact had to send it the other way making it easier for the keeper to anticipate and save. I thought it was a finish of the very highest order and demonstrated that Jack has the ability to go go right to the top. The shot he had at the end of the first half with his left foot also showcased amazing technique to get the ball on target, but it was a good save.

It's early days, but the signs are good. If he keeps up the intensity (and he's seeing the benefit of doing that and as FL says, Nuge is a great role model) then it will be great for him and us.

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Absolutely meant it, guiding it into the far corner when a more direct contact had to send it the other way making it easier for the keeper to anticipate and save. I thought it was a finish of the very highest order and demonstrated that Jack has the ability to go go right to the top. 

I'm still waiting for confirmation from our resident expert, of whether Marriott meant it or not, before giving him any credit. My guess is that it will have just been a strike in the general direction of the goal and he was lucky.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm still waiting for confirmation from our resident expert, of whether Marriott meant it or not, before giving him any credit. My guess is that it will have just been a strike in the general direction of the goal and he was lucky.

He’s a bit busy at the moQwNPtz3.gif?noredirect

Archived