Sign in to follow this  
David

Jack Marriott

They showed a stat on the Quest highlights show for domestic goals (league and cups) scored that had Jack sitting in third behind only Kane and Salah. Not exactly sure of the timeframe but it was probably goals this calendar year.

• Great run when Wilson should have found him after intercepting the ball - would have been clean through if the pass had reached him.
  • Great run when Lawrence had meandered through the defence - would have been clean through if Lawrence had passed.
  • Amazing shot from nothing, the ball looping over his head at 1-1, that was very well saved.
  • Shot wide from Fozzy's first cross; flicked in from Fozzy's next cross.

Very exciting player.

Shout out for Waghorn too. Lovely curlling shot just over and what a shame his header went inches wide. Summer signings ramping up.

He's a lot better than I thought he would be, certainly with his all round play. He just needs a consistent run of games, but he's scored two goals in his two league starts. I don't think you can say fairer than that. 

Waghorn proving his quality too: out wide or up top, he's just a good footballer and can put in a shift. 

We weren't scoring enough goals. Frank had to change it.

we can't pay out alot of money for two players and then let them stagnate on the bench.

i don't quite see the all round play that a few keep on about, - and certainly not the comparison with deano that ramage made - but he looks like he can put the ball in the net. And thats enough. 

Early bobby davison is a fair comparison. 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

They showed a stat on the Quest highlights show for domestic goals (league and cups) scored that had Jack sitting in third behind only Kane and Salah. Not exactly sure of the timeframe but it was probably goals this calendar year.

• Great run when Wilson should have found him after intercepting the ball - would have been clean through if the pass had reached him.
  • Great run when Lawrence had meandered through the defence - would have been clean through if Lawrence had passed.
  • Amazing shot from nothing, the ball looping over his head at 1-1, that was very well saved.
  • Shot wide from Fozzy's first cross; flicked in from Fozzy's next cross.

Very exciting player.

Shout out for Waghorn too. Lovely curlling shot just over and what a shame his header went inches wide. Summer signings ramping up.

You could also add the lay-off for Bryson's goal.

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

we can't pay out alot of money for two players and then let them stagnate on the bench.

i don't quite see the all round play that a few keep on about, - and certainly not the comparison with deano that ramage made - but he looks like he can put the ball in the net. And thats enough. 

Yup agreed he has Ohhhhhhhh Bobby Bobby Davison written all over him , its like he has been reincarnated , looks similar to me as well in looks build and style 

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We were told by a Peterborough fan that his build-up play left a lot to be desired even at League 1 level. I think a few fans are surprised that he can trap a ball and pass and are overcompensating. He’s solid if unspecitacular with his all-round play. Currently.

Please can we ban the use of the word dud in relation to any Derby player. We all know, except perhaps one person, that it's a ridiculous adjective to describe Jack and it's certainly not in the spirit of support for our team and respect for Lampard's choices to use that word to describe any Derby player. Yes we've had the derisory laugh. Let's move on!

Edited by Dappled Ram

His movement and timing are what impressed me. He took his goal brilliantly but it was the timing and the run itself, dropping back off in between the defenders that made the opportunity. Needed a quality cross though and he got it. If other players (aka Lawrence) can adapt and get their heads up half a second quicker and spot his runs he could get well into double figures. Big step up for him but for me he's now showing he could be the real deal.