Jack Marriott

Day

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe way too early to say it but I’m going to anyway ..... reminds me of Michael Owen... the poachers goal against Man Utd, the snap shot at QPR & today’s goal ... true goal scorer, split second reaction = goal!!! This isn’t coached into a player it’s a natural ability. If he continues in this vein we’ve got a player on our hands. 

Watching the game today, I saw him get into good positions to score a least 3 times and each time he did not receive that ball, that should have been passed. Today was only his 2nd league start of the season and I feel he will get better. We have a player that could go on to be our top goalscorer of the season. The more he starts and plays, the better he will get, as the rest of the team link up with him.

His movement and timing of runs is amongst the best I've ever seen. From any player ever. Beyond the old "poachers instinct" he can sit on the defensive line and in 0.0000003 seconds (ok perhaps an exaggeration) have suddenly ended up beyond them with the ball about to shoot.

You can't handle that as a defender, it's a nightmare.

Maybe his other play could do with work, but that particular understanding of the game is far beyond this level.

They showed a stat on the Quest highlights show for domestic goals (league and cups) scored that had Jack sitting in third behind only Kane and Salah. Not exactly sure of the timeframe but it was probably goals this calendar year.

• Great run when Wilson should have found him after intercepting the ball - would have been clean through if the pass had reached him.
  • Great run when Lawrence had meandered through the defence - would have been clean through if Lawrence had passed.
  • Amazing shot from nothing, the ball looping over his head at 1-1, that was very well saved.
  • Shot wide from Fozzy's first cross; flicked in from Fozzy's next cross.

Very exciting player.

Shout out for Waghorn too. Lovely curlling shot just over and what a shame his header went inches wide. Summer signings ramping up.

He's a lot better than I thought he would be, certainly with his all round play. He just needs a consistent run of games, but he's scored two goals in his two league starts. I don't think you can say fairer than that. 

Waghorn proving his quality too: out wide or up top, he's just a good footballer and can put in a shift. 

We weren't scoring enough goals. Frank had to change it.

we can't pay out alot of money for two players and then let them stagnate on the bench.

i don't quite see the all round play that a few keep on about, - and certainly not the comparison with deano that ramage made - but he looks like he can put the ball in the net. And thats enough. 

Early bobby davison is a fair comparison. 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

They showed a stat on the Quest highlights show for domestic goals (league and cups) scored that had Jack sitting in third behind only Kane and Salah. Not exactly sure of the timeframe but it was probably goals this calendar year.

• Great run when Wilson should have found him after intercepting the ball - would have been clean through if the pass had reached him.
  • Great run when Lawrence had meandered through the defence - would have been clean through if Lawrence had passed.
  • Amazing shot from nothing, the ball looping over his head at 1-1, that was very well saved.
  • Shot wide from Fozzy's first cross; flicked in from Fozzy's next cross.

Very exciting player.

Shout out for Waghorn too. Lovely curlling shot just over and what a shame his header went inches wide. Summer signings ramping up.

You could also add the lay-off for Bryson's goal.

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

we can't pay out alot of money for two players and then let them stagnate on the bench.

i don't quite see the all round play that a few keep on about, - and certainly not the comparison with deano that ramage made - but he looks like he can put the ball in the net. And thats enough. 

Yup agreed he has Ohhhhhhhh Bobby Bobby Davison written all over him , its like he has been reincarnated , looks similar to me as well in looks build and style 

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We were told by a Peterborough fan that his build-up play left a lot to be desired even at League 1 level. I think a few fans are surprised that he can trap a ball and pass and are overcompensating. He’s solid if unspecitacular with his all-round play. Currently.

Archived