V Sheffield United (H) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant game to win!

Thought we gave the ball away too easily first half, poor decisions by the ref immediately before the equaliser, well played second half, 2 world class saves from their keeper kept them in it.

Stoke lost, Forest lost, Leeds lost, I'm pished...if Carlsbergs did Saturdays.....

Come on you great big beautiful Rammmmmsssssssss ???

Overall I thought their fans were more impressive than their team. Yes they dominated the 1st half but that was probably more down to our early goal and us hanging  on to what we had. That's not taking away from the fact that they're a good side and you can see why they're up there. Took us a while to adapt to changing formation after CB went off but it's a massive positive that we pulled it off. Hurdle one has been negotiated in a very difficult period. On to the next one now. Nicely placed in the league without fully getting into to top gear. The signs are looking good. COYR.

My ratings FWIW

Carson 6- Sound bar the odd kick and one heart attack moment

Bogle 5- Torn to shreds first half, more composed second but needs to improve some of his passing and decisions

Keogh 9 (MOM)- Not seen anyone else give it to Keogh but he was imperious today, read everything second half

Tomori 7- Marshalled and distributed well

Forsyth 6- Was ducking dire bar two pieces of absolute genius, jeckll and Hyde 

Huddlestone 8- Decent first half, absolutely ran the show second. So harsh on Johnson but you could see a fully fit tom returning in that second half

Bryson 7- Great finish, shame he went off

Mount 8- Unbelieveable technical quality as usual

Wilson 7- Some nice skills but needs to make better decisions in the final third 

Marriott 8- Fantastic finish and clever movement all game

Waghorn 6- Wasn’t really involved enough, looked out of position 

Subs:

Lawrence 5- Didn’t track back particulary well, Tho had some moments going forward

Josefzoon and Davies- no real time

Very good win, thought first half we sat back , after a excellent opening goal, then sat back, but second half we were much better, great cross from Fozzy he has this in his locker at times, and a great striker finish from Marriott, who had a great game, also thought Mount was good, he is going to be some player, but for myself Keogh was the best player on the pitch, never put a foot wrong, and he put his body on the line, time and time again, a true captains performance, hope Bryson gets back soon, as he has been excellent in recent games, now onto WBA. Got a feeling we might even win this 1-0.

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

My ratings FWIW

Carson 6- Sound bar the odd kick and one heart attack moment

Bogle 5- Torn to shreds first half, more composed second but needs to improve some of his passing and decisions

Keogh 9 (MOM)- Not seen anyone else give it to Keogh but he was imperious today, read everything second half

Tomori 7- Marshalled and distributed well

Forsyth 6- Was ducking dire bar two pieces of absolute genius, jeckll and Hyde 

Huddlestone 8- Decent first half, absolutely ran the show second. So harsh on Johnson but you could see a fully fit tom returning in that second half

Bryson 7- Great finish, shame he went off

Mount 8- Unbelieveable technical quality as usual

Wilson 7- Some nice skills but needs to make better decisions in the final third 

Marriott 8- Fantastic finish and clever movement all game

Waghorn 6- Wasn’t really involved enough, looked out of position 

Subs:

Lawrence 5- Didn’t track back particulary well, Tho had some moments going forward

Josefzoon and Davies- no real time

Pretty much agree with that apart from on Lawrence thought he was the most dangerous player on the park second half scared United too death.Also thought he did his defensive duties really well tracked his full back every time and he way he went forward meant Basham was reluctant to drive forward like in the first half.

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Very good win, thought first half we sat back , after a excellent opening goal, then sat back, but second half we were much better, great cross from Fozzy he has this in his locker at times, and a great striker finish from Marriott, who had a great game, also thought Mount was good, he is going to be some player, but for myself Keogh was the best player on the pitch, never put a foot wrong, and he put his body on the line, time and time again, a true captains performance, hope Bryson gets back soon, as he has been excellent in recent games, now onto WBA. Got a feeling we might even win this 1-0.

For me Tomori was man of the match, excellent reading of the game and his awareness and pace saved the day a couple of times. Think Curtis has a fight on his hands to get his place back. Shout out also for Marriott who was key in both goals....

Good game to watch, although we let them play far too much first half I thought.

Craig Forsyth frustrates me. At times he seems to lack belief and conviction and his passes are weak; such a confidence player I guess, but when he’s off it he couldn’t find his mum with a pass if he was at his mums house and she was next to him on the sofa... but then he goes and makes that cross and all is just about forgiven.

Marriott is going to score a lot of goals for us, wish some of our players would spot his clever runs quicker. 

Good 2nd half performance, could of buried them after our 2nd. Tomori awesome today, Fozzy great after 75mims, Mount...well he was just Mount. Starting to love these players, something special happening here. On to Wednesday, see you there Rams fans COYRs ?

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Marriott is going to score a lot of goals for us, wish some of our players would spot his clever runs quicker. 

Good 2nd half performance, could of buried them after our 2nd. Tomori awesome today, Fozzy great after 75mims, Mount...well he was just Mount. Starting to love these players, something special happening here. On to Wednesday, see you there Rams fans COYRs ?

Don’t miss keo, getting better every game

I really think we have a chance against any team that wants to play football. West Brom away will be a great game and I will be surprised if we don't win.

Middlesbrough away against Tony Pulis' terminators will be tough for us as they won't attack until we commit players forward. Probably need Brad and Curtis for this one.

We have a couple of observations from today.

Firstly,in what sort of insane world does Craig Bryson get injured to be replaced by Tom Lawrence...madness!

And then some insane lineup with a front 5 of Wilson,Lawrence,Mount,Waghorn And Marriott run rings round the previously dominant blades...mental!

All orchestrated by Huddlestone who 3 weeks ago had forgotten how to play football...mad!

And the crowd who at half time had tumbleweed blowing across the pitch proceeded to make the the hairs on my neck stand up in the second half...brilliant.

And if anyone ever gets bored watching the football,try watching Jody Morris kick off in the technical area ...it’s brilliant,all the coaching staff have to run off the bench to drag him in.

There’s a hint of something special brewing at Derby and I don’t reckon it’s the usual pile of disappointment.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Second half much better mate, I just felt first half we missed Johnson’s tackling as they looked a threat every time they came forward 

...and that’s why I was surprised to see Lawrence come on instead of Johnson when Bryson had to go off. 

Still, all’s well that ends well?

Archived