V Norwich (H) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be beating teams like Norwich at home really without too much problems... more points dropped there and a worrying lack of attacking quality seems to be devolping. GOT to be more efficient in front of goal or we’re going nowhere this season. That said, Norwich have been in form so a draw is nothing to be ashamed of, just frustrating really

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Bloody hell..

Forest above us.....can't remember the last time that happened.

There will no doubt be an open topped bus making its way onto the market Square as we speak.

Twas fleeting. 

I’ve often wondered what it would be like to be a mid table team, like a Brentford. Lauded for a brilliant display one week, but loosing the next, picking up points, but just not enough to creep into 6th. Win some, loose some (draw some). Well, now I know. 

I suspect this season will have quite a lot of inconsistency and stop starting. It’s to be expected, so I’m not particularly worried. 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Should be beating teams like Norwich at home really without too much problems... more points dropped there and a worrying lack of attacking quality seems to be devolping. GOT to be more efficient in front of goal or we’re going nowhere this season. That said, Norwich have been in form so a draw is nothing to be ashamed of, just frustrating really

Haven't they just won 5 in a row?

They're no mugs, draw was fair.

7 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

All part of a transition season, getting to know your best team

Not worried,

We'll see, I am generally pretty happy at present but at the same time do question that if the 3 best players turn out to be loans which ultimately go back, what we actually carry into next season? 3 decent players is enough for a spine of a team to build around. I would like to think we can take advantage of having loans which are the envy of the championship.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8009273

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Bloody hell..

There will no doubt be an open topped bus making its way onto the market Square as we speak.

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Bus back in the garage........?

Stats don't say everything, but it looks as though Millwall were totally robbed. 20 attempts, 10 on target! 7 corners too. 

Our game has even stats, reflecting the match well. 

5 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

We'll see, I am generally pretty happy at present but at the same time do question that if the 3 best players turn out to be loans which ultimately go back, what we actually carry into next season? 3 decent players is enough for a spine of a team to build around. I would like to think we can take advantage of having loans which are the envy of the championship.

3 best players is soooo overstated

Only player crucial to us is mount. Wilson only turned up for 2 games, and tomori has had his good and bad moments. Plus I think we can get tomori permanantly, or at least one another years loan. He aint ready for premierleague football yet

14 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Bloody hell..

Oh No they're not! Millwall last minute equalizer !

Only 1 of 5 games had a winner tonight - Sheffield utd - who go joint top.

It's another tight year. We've bought/loaned a load and have a couple of injuries to come into the reckoning in Davies and that other bloke. 

Lots of twists and turns before we find our best combinations. Surely though, it's more fun and more progressive?  We've got more than a season of hoofing to work out of the regular players ?

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve often wondered what it would be like to be a mid table team, like a Brentford. Lauded for a brilliant display one week, but loosing the next, picking up points, but just not enough to creep into 6th. Win some, loose some (draw some). Well, now I know. 

I suspect this season will have quite a lot of inconsistency and stop starting. It’s to be expected, so I’m not particularly worried. 

Pleased with a point in the end. Need to get the ball into the box faster without 600 passes. We would be unbeatable at 5 a side.

Carson - didn't have much to do

Bogle - did plenty well, but some basic errors crept in, poor attempted crosses. Did fine.

Keogh - solid, thought he was probably motm

Tomori - did well

Malone - abysmal, bring back Fozzy

Johnson - motm candidate, another strong game

Mount - some good touches but was on the fringes of the game

Bryson - goal meant a lot even if it was a fluke, did fine

Wilson - really inaccurate, got bullied too easily

Bennett - needs a break now, offered nothing

Nugent- plenty of chasing, not much else.

Marriott - didn't get many opportunities but showed plenty

Lawrence - failed to make an impact, lots broke down with him

Waghorn - showed enough in 10 mins to earn a start

A really quite poor performance for 80 minutes, not enough accuracy, movement or pace.

Archived