V Norwich (H) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Do you grossly exaggerate everything in your life? 

You make it sound like somebody did a Maradona hand of god.... when what actually happened is that we tried to slow you down by standing in front of your free kicks a couple of times, hyperbole! 

I thought it was a good match up between two teams who tried to get the ball down and play, and the stats are almost identical when it comes to shots on goal, shots on targets and corners.

Yet a few Derby fans seem to think that they were cheated out of two points ?

Was it Leitner's or the referees fault that Timm Klose was left pretty much unmarked in your box? 

Your stance is particularly amusing considering Derby are BOTTOM of the Championship fair play table for the 2018/19 season, and we are 11th you nutjob. You are literally officially the dirtiest team in the league so far this season.

Theirs a big difference between receiving a yellow card for a foul as opposed to falling on the floor for no reason and exaggerating contact/feigning injury. 

6 minutes ago, NorfolkRam said:

Theirs a big difference between receiving a yellow card for a foul as opposed to falling on the floor for no reason and exaggerating contact/feigning injury. 

Mate he's German, its in their DNA. There's nothing we can do about it.... its like saying that homosexuality is a choice or just telling an amputee to grow their leg back. 

On Keogh defending corners.

Other than a bit of arm waving he doesn't organise anyone to do anything before the ball is crossed. He is usually late to get into whatever position he takes up. From the outset seems to have no real idea where the opposition are - or where his teammates (who he currently captains) are. This could be called zonal marking. I dont.

His positional sense tends to be to stand on his own somewhere centralish.

If the ball comes in the air near to wherever he started he has a go at heading it. If it comes near to him lower down he throws himself in front of it. Otherwise he is usually rooted to the spot as it happens around him. Or he might have a wander away from the action as he gets distracted by something.

If the ball gets near to him and he heads it somewhere or if he flings himself in front of the ball and it goes somewhere, he gets the usual over the top adulation from some in the crowd. It's dramatic, after all.

If the ball goes into our net he does a 'poor man's Robbie Savage' and waves his arms around in the general direction of someone else on our side and shakes his head a lot.

Evidence being the tens of goals scored from corners when Keogh has stood rooted to the spot as a passenger.

Which is one of the many reasons why, if he wants to be successful, Frank will get Keogh out of the starting line up as soon as our captain gets over his hamstring injury.

3 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Well people really seem to like talking about it after it has happened. At least you didn't storm the away end exit gates and put a load of our cornered fans in hospital like Sheffield United did after James Maddison took the ball into the corners last season. There is that I guess.... 

Sounds like most of your gripe is with the referees grip on the game.... but can't help but feel some of you are being very selective with your list of incidents. 

Jamal Lewis lost his head a bit and could possibly have been sent off under a stricter referee, but so could your kid at right back.

But they are just kids the both of them. 

Can see why Leitner would be one of those players you hate when they are on the opposition side, but he probably doesn't care.... he came through under Klopp at Dortmund, he's a smart kid. 

Whilst you went home to moan about him standing in front of your free kicks he went home to smash this....

media.media.70a04eda-7f0c-4faf-9a6d-2130

tumblr_o672hn4olL1r5apteo1_500.jpg

Pretty crass stuff there mate. Given how easy your lad goes down I'd say the reverse might be true in any case.

41 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Mate he's German, its in their DNA. There's nothing we can do about it.... its like saying that homosexuality is a choice or just telling an amputee to grow their leg back. 

Do not  ,what ever you do visit the pub section of this forum 

1 hour ago, NorwichLad said:

Sorry, she is not an object.

He went home to make love to his beautiful loyal partner, with her full consent, and then they had a stimulating three hour long conversation about the meaning of life and discussed the merits of Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection. 

86 points.... already retracted that comment.

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Pretty crass stuff there mate. Given how easy your lad goes down I'd say the reverse might be true in any case.

Anyway.... I was going to say "plate her" but thought that may be a bit too crass. 

By the way, they've been together since before he had any money.... childhood sweethearts ?

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I noticed that too. It's good to see that one of our defensive unit sees going back to Carson as a genuine last resort.

Its great to see that from a young lad, it’s the sort of thing that you would expect from a decent premiership defender. 

Not wanting to criticise the other defensive players either tho. The midfield do sometimes give little options whilst they are being closed down

1 hour ago, ChrisKeogh said:

On Keogh defending corners.

Other than a bit of arm waving he doesn't organise anyone to do anything before the ball is crossed. He is usually late to get into whatever position he takes up. From the outset seems to have no real idea where the opposition are - or where his teammates (who he currently captains) are. This could be called zonal marking. I dont.

His positional sense tends to be to stand on his own somewhere centralish.

If the ball comes in the air near to wherever he started he has a go at heading it. If it comes near to him lower down he throws himself in front of it. Otherwise he is usually rooted to the spot as it happens around him. Or he might have a wander away from the action as he gets distracted by something.

If the ball gets near to him and he heads it somewhere or if he flings himself in front of the ball and it goes somewhere, he gets the usual over the top adulation from some in the crowd. It's dramatic, after all.

If the ball goes into our net he does a 'poor man's Robbie Savage' and waves his arms around in the general direction of someone else on our side and shakes his head a lot.

Evidence being the tens of goals scored from corners when Keogh has stood rooted to the spot as a passenger.

Which is one of the many reasons why, if he wants to be successful, Frank will get Keogh out of the starting line up as soon as our captain gets over his hamstring injury.

You really should change your name to ChristKeogh.

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

How much did Waghorn, Marriott and Jozefzoon cost then.

Yes you will have seen them all play, mostly thrown on when we are desperate for a goal.

It's only an observation and not a major criticism but rather than spending all of that money on players to warm the bench, why not spend it all on 1 proven match winner?

we had one - we flogged him to Burnley in August.

19 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well the figures I have seen used for Marriott,  Waghorn and Josefzoon would put it over £10m. Regardless of the exact figure I think the point still stands that the figure would be our record signing. 

As for who we would sign at that price I have no idea because I don't scout players nor have any idea how much clubs want for their players, that's not my job.

I hope you're right and the players are integrated into the team but I would have expected a bit more in terms of meaningful time on the pitch for these players.

These figures didn’t come from the same source that told you JT was joining and we had to cut our wages significantly did they ? Just wondering as the figures I saw was undisclosed, so happy for someone to share that info as it would be interesting.

To be honest I don’t care who plays or how much they cost, I just hope we can reach the same level of consistency we have seen against Man Utd and Brentford. 

4 hours ago, AdamRam said:

These figures didn’t come from the same source that told you JT was joining and we had to cut our wages significantly did they ? Just wondering as the figures I saw was undisclosed, so happy for someone to share that info as it would be interesting.

To be honest I don’t care who plays or how much they cost, I just hope we can reach the same level of consistency we have seen against Man Utd and Brentford. 

The JT into was obviously wrong, wait until the next accounts if you want to dispute the wage cutting.

If the figures are undisclosed how did you know they don't amount to over £10m? 

What you say in your last paragraph is what we all want, not sure on your point?

Archived