V Norwich (H) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, caymanram said:

Watch the replay- Tomori was right next to the Norwich player- he was his man. Can’t blame Keogh for not marking a man who someone else was supposed to be.

Irony is that Keogh got far nearer to the scorer than Tomori did.

He was marking who?

Let’s be objective here, we haven’t played well in the league apart from a 45 minute spell against Brentford. Never going to do well with that midfield. It’s too unbalanced but they’re not to blame solely for the lacklustre performances. The 13/14 midfield of Thorne, Hendrick and Hughes would have battered this midfield though 

It's just embarrassing now. Zero chance of winning this with the lack of effort, basic passing errors all over the park, and the apathetic Derby crowd. Tempted to turn it off. In fact yeah, I'm switching it off. Not worth putting myself through the obvious anger and frustration. duck it. 

Just now, NorwichLad said:

I actually think Bradley Johnson has been one of your better players tonight. 

He's been our best player in our last few games.

But our other midfielders are Mount, who travels forward constantly, and Bryson, who runs around like a lunatic and doesn't really add any form to the middle of the park.

It's not a great recipe for controlling the midfield. We're reliant on our wingers to play triangles around the opposition, and if, like today (and Bolton) they're playing poorly, we struggle to get into positions to create anything. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Leitner is a disgrace. Went down under a "challenge" from Bogle and rolled around in agony. Replays show Bogle didn't even touch him. Classy stuff to attempt to get Bogle what would have been his second yellow.

The ref saw that the defender was faking, yet still gave a free kick 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I don't think it's that him or the team underestimated you, it's that Lampard seems very cautious in making changes lately. It took 8 or 9 games into the season for us to keep the same team 2 games running and now we've gone the opposite route and seem hesitant to make many changes at all despite poor performances. Most people have been wanting to see Marriott and Waghorn come in, particularly after the awful performance against Bolton, but he's stuck with Bennett and Nugent who haven't been in good form

Games not won for us yet..... we've got two defenders on a yellow and a goalkeeper who has the odd blunder in him, and we seem to be using him as an 11th outfield player quite a bit tonight.  

1 minute ago, NorwichLad said:

Games not won for us yet..... we've got two defenders on a yellow and a goalkeeper who has the odd blunder in him, and we seem to be using him as an 11th outfield player quite a bit tonight.  

If you give us a free kick in shooting range we might have a chance, but we've barely created anything from open play for 170 minutes of football across our past 2 games other than 1 late chance vs Bolton

1 minute ago, gazram80 said:

Reading the sun hardly counts as reading, 

I agree, having not looked at it once in my life.

Strange counter argument, but I guess you were intending to just start Keogh bashing, rather than making any valid points. WUM.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

It's only a week or so since we did well against Brentford and then utd. 

We're all being a bit drama queeny no?

Lack of consistency tho... it’s also not that long since Rotherham either... if Lampard wants to survive he’s gonna need to get the team creating chances more regularly 

1 minute ago, Ramshackled said:

We've looked really pedestrian tonight, have created virtually nothing. Quality of crosses abysmal, final ball never comes off. We look like a side that's in a slump and going backwards. Deeply frustrating.

Christmas has come early this year!

Archived