v Ipswich Town (H) Match Thread

Derby blood

2 hours ago, Jortat said:

Suffolk Ram here. I can’t see the game tonight as I am on nights and start at 5:30pm, so it will have to be radio Suffolk’s biased pro  Ipswich shitty commentary with my 4 shift workers who are all Ipswich fans including my boss .

In the morning at 6am I hand over to the incoming day shift and again 3 of them are Ipswich fans , so I would sell my soul to the devil for a win tonight to keep them all in order or my life will be hell for the whole season regardless wether we win the return game or not , and they are all buzzing for tonight’s game and expect to roll us over big style.

This game for me is the biggest game of the season and a win tonight will allow my pure white ram beacon shine bright amongst the waves of Tractor boys blue shirts filling every area of my workplace.

Come on Derby... don’t let me down ????

COYR

For me too. Can’t belive how many of us Rams fans there are in Suffolk. 

Almost there but stuck in A52 roadworks. 

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve got an actual, real, defensive midfielder everyone! Beyond that some bizzare calls tho, dont really understand dropping Waghorn as he had a decent game, and I’m not convinced by Bennett wide from the start, feel he needs to be upfront if he’s gonna play 90. Not convinced at the mount Bryson partnership still either, and Pearce must be really not impressing for Tomori to keep his place. See what happens I guess, hopefully Evans makes a big difference to midfield balance.

1 minute ago, Simon Bradley said:

Wonder when we will play same team 2 games in a row

Possibly when it looks like we have a team that plays well and produces results . 

Not sure we are quite there yet Simon, what do you think ? 

Nice to see Evans and even more so, young Mason Bennett, given starts. I'm a tad perplexed by some other selections but to be fair, we do seem to have a fair few still shaking off niggles. Interesting to see the faith being placed in young Bogle. I'm U23 ignorant so while I'd heard good things, I didn't expect him to be starting games so early in the season. Neither Tom nor George on the bench as yet though hopefully we shouldn't read too much into that. Anyways, in Frank we trust. COYR

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Surprised to see Nugent start when there's essentially a younger version of him on the bench, who we paid a reported £5m for. But hey, he's got a great record against them or something, so who freaking knows.

*hiccup*

? ... I think is because Nuge is a Wiley old fox and maybe we need that tonight. Well for an hour or so 

Forsyth was a forced change, Evans may be too with Johnson not in the squad. Alot have said Bennett desrrves a start so the only questionable change would be Waghorn but he got kicked constantly vs Millwall and also didnt have a full preseason so 25-35mins off the bench & start vs Preston makes sense.

I dont mind making changes for midweek games, used to frustrate me when we kept the same 11 for 3 games in 7 days no harm in keeping it freah.

Glad the 3 subs that came on have kept their place, think they deserve that much.

Surprised Johnson has not even made the squad but good to see we have a proper defensive midfielder in.

Think Waghorn can count himself unlucky as he put in a decent shift on Saturday.

Signs are bad for Wisdom if he can't get in ahead of Bogle or Tomori. 

It's good to see players rewarded for decent appearances as subs by keeping the shirt next time out.

Pretty simple, if you get a sniff of a chance then take it you'll be rewarded.

Things will settle down soon enough if the players respond in the right way.

Archived