v Ipswich Town (H) Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don't think it can be the coaches unless they've specifically told him to get forward by them. As a defensive midfield player, you shouldn't even need to be told that you should be holding your position.

I've spent the last 15 minutes moaning about it to my mates on WhatsApp. They don't even like football. I've vowed to stop so hopefully Lampard sorts him out at half time.

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

This is as bad so far.

On balance, I think I prefer watching a game with nothing happening where we have the ball, rather than watching a game with nothing happening where we don't.

But there's not much in it, I'll admit. 

Bit of a boring half of football no urgency in the final third. We badly need a goal. We just look like we are missing something ? confidence maybe? we have some good players but just dont look a team at the moment to many petty little mistakes 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Lost some control since Evans went off. I said it after Reading but Ledley is not the player we want in that midfield three. He works in a base of two, but not in this formation.

Based on Johnson vacating the squad entirely, I'd wager Bryson, Mount and Ledley are our only fit central midfielders ?

Just now, Gritters said:

I’m with Bris on Lawrence he does nothing.

Agreed. Since scoring against Reading he's done very little. 

The goal against Leeds might've been a nice strike, but he did nothing in that game other than that one, really good, kick. 

Archived