v Ipswich Town (H) Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson; Bogle, Keogh, Pearce, Forsyth; Evans, Bryson, Mount; FloJo, Lawrence, Waghorn

Evans or Thorne have to play, because in every game so far we've lacked structure and substance in the middle of the park. I think a natural DM is huge for the way we play, at the moment it's very reminiscent to when Thorne, Eustace & Mascarell all got injured and we couldn't plug the gap. It would make a massive difference, I'm sure. 

Forsyth & Bogle have earnt the right for a start. Nugent may well get a start too, but this is a great opportunity for Waghorn to use his know-how of his former teammates & get his first goal or two for us. 

Carson

Bogle   Wisdom     Tomori    Malone

Evans    Ledley

Wilson             Mount          Lawrence

Waghorn

Roos, Keogh, Lowe, Johnson, Jozefzoon, Bennett, Marriott

1 hour ago, r_wilcockson said:

Based on the players available i'd go:

Carson

Bogle, Keogh, Pearce, Forsyth

Evans

Mount, Johnson

Waghorn, Nugent, Lawrence

This team with Marriott in place of Nuge. He looked good at Oldham and hes got to play sometime.

Our line up the last time we beat them at home. This has to end tonight Frank PLEASE!

Stephen Bywater

Marc Edworthy

Michael Johnson

Morten Bisgaard

Paul Boertien

Dean Leacock

Seth Johnson

David Jones

Giles Barnes

Steve Howard

Jon Stead

For me, assuming Wilson, Huddlestone, Davies, Malone are out

Carson

Wisdom                   Keogh                       Tomori                    Forsyth

Thorne                          Evans

Mount

Josefzoon                                                                                Lawrence

Waghorn

Subs

Roos

Bogle

Lowe

Johnson/Bryson

Nugent

Bennett

Marriott

First game for me this season, can't wait to get back to PPS, despite having watched or listened to every game! I stand by what I said, it will be late September/October before we hit our stride this season so patience and support is needed until then.

I want to see evidence that Frank is taking some lessons on board. Less of the suicidal tactics for the first 30 minutes of a game, let's just try and keep ourselves out of trouble then look to build up the performance level as the game goes on. We have thrown two matches away before half time so far this season, it would have been three if Reading could put the ball in the net.

We have shown we can get at teams in the second half, the trick is to still be in the bloody game at that point.

21 hours ago, JW37 said:

Carson

Bogle   Wisdom     Tomori    Malone

Evans    Ledley

Wilson             Mount          Lawrence

Waghorn

Roos, Keogh, Lowe, Johnson, Jozefzoon, Bennett, Marriott

Why wisdom at CB? I’d say he’s been our shakiest performer in defence (and I’d imagine Frank is of this opinion too). 

Id go 

carson  

bogle keogh tomori foz 

evans 

johnson mount

joz waghorn lawrence 

17 hours ago, superzak said:

This team with Marriott in place of Nuge. He looked good at Oldham and hes got to play sometime.

Has anyone any up to date info on Marriott? He’s  just not been fit enough? He’s the main man for me this season, let’s be havin’ ya! 

Archived