v Ipswich Town (H) Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand it when Lawrence doesn't try to skill past defenders. But why cut inside when he has acres of space in front of him and the defender racing him? Bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Why is Ledley bombing forward and making runs into the box!?

surely just sit and screen the defence, have we learned nothing from the first few games?

It's something that happened vs Leeds and cost us, the player, or the coaches clearly haven't learnt from that because he's still bombing on. So far, as Ipswich have less quality than Leeds, it hasn't cost us but that doesn't mean it won't at some point.

I thought Evans was doing a good job of holding his position and giving us better shape. Surely Ledley is experienced enough to know that as a holding player, you can't go charging past the rest of your midfield every time?

Just now, Kernow said:

It's something that happened vs Leeds and cost us, the player, or the coaches clearly haven't learnt from that because he's still bombing on. So far, as Ipswich have less quality than Leeds, it hasn't cost us but that doesn't mean it won't at some point.

I thought Evans was doing a good job of holding his position and giving us better shape. Surely Ledley is experienced enough to know that as a holding player, you can't go charging past the rest of your midfield every time?

That's the part I don't get. If it was a coaching decision, surely Evans would have been doing that? The sooner Huddlestone comes back the better. Enjoyed what Evans was doing and I pray to God the injury isn't as serious as it looked.

1 minute ago, thederbyram said:

That's the part I don't get. If it was a coaching decision, surely Evans would have been doing that? The sooner Huddlestone comes back the better. Enjoyed what Evans was doing and I pray to God the injury isn't as serious as it looked.

I don't think it can be the coaches unless they've specifically told him to get forward by them. As a defensive midfield player, you shouldn't even need to be told that you should be holding your position.

Archived