v Ipswich Town (H) Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good to hear that Jozefzoon had a positive cameo.

The amount of game time he has had so far has been disappointing. Frank really needs to put his faith behind him if he wants him to produce. He is obviously a confidence player and needs a run of 7-8 starts to get going, not just 10-15 minutes off the bench here and there.

At the start of the season, I had a feeling we'd see big things from him and I think given time, he'll deliver, which is more than I can say for the vast majority of Frank's signings.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Where's he playing? Up top or out wide?

Up top. His work rate is astonishing, his movement is premier league quality, and he's probably one of the best players we've acquired at this level since we've come back up.

Got to say, £2m was a bit of a steal for a player so obviously talented.

Just now, MoleyMcMolerson said:

Up top. His work rate is astonishing, his movement is premier league quality, and he's probably one of the best players we've acquired at this level since we've come back up.

You're welcome.

2 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

I'm glad it's working out for him, one thing he never lacked was effort.

Seemed an positive performance. 

Good to have Fozzy of old back, long may that continue. Bogle looked sharp, quick with the press and smart on the ball. Bryson consistently squeezing the game, his energy hasn’t faltered. We need that. Happy Lawrence got another one for the tally. Josefzoon looked excited in his brief role. 

You wont remember this game in years to come, but it did the job. Three more points. Onto the next one. See how we go. 

All smiles here tonight. 

15 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

Nobody here ever doubted his work rate. He will put a shift in and I’m glad it’s paying off. 

He never failed us, our whole system just wasn’t working and think the majority of Derby fans you talk to will wish him well. 

22 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

Oh yeah he'll be brilliant if you play him up top. That's what the villa fans told us when we bought him. But we like to put our strikers on the wing and crush their spirit. It just works for us. Just watch goal and assist machine Wagstaff turn in to an ineffective imbecile once we get him on that wing! It's the Derby way.

24 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

He said in his first interview here that LJ wanted to play him as a striker and it's obviously working, 4 goals in 4 games.

I would have loved to have seen him been given a chance down the middle for us last season , but the snake couldn't see that . 

Lol, Paul Hurst:

Quite a few people have said to me there wasn't too much in the game. Derby had a lot of possession but I'm not sure how many saves Bart (Bialkowski) was actually called upon to make.

Well I can think of two straight off the top of my head Paul....?

Weimann will probably get more goals than most of our strikers this season. Was never played as a striker here, strange because he was a pretty poor winger, with little end product. His work rate is unbelievable though, unsuprising that he's banging them in at Bristol, playing up front. 

What got on my t1ts tonight was the childish arrogant ‘attack attack attack’ chants. 

Reckon the players heard that and thought ‘oh that’s where we’re going wrong!’??? 

Jesus, getting frustrated isn’t gonna make the midfielders and attackers make more clever runs for the second ball once the first has gone wide/into midfield. 

All our fans saying ‘give them time’ ‘trying to change style we need to let them have time to adjust’ ‘it won’t be an overnight fix’ ‘we will lose games but it’s better than hoofball’ and I tell you what, our fan base haven’t got the capacity to be patient enough for this transition to a different style of play. 

14 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Weimann will probably get more goals than most of our strikers this season. Was never played as a striker here, strange because he was a pretty poor winger, with little end product. His work rate is unbelievable though, unsuprising that he's banging them in at Bristol, playing up front. 

Weimann tried hard, lots of energy but bang average in front of goal . We did well to get back pretty much what we paid .  Shame we spent it on Waghorn who as I said at the time is only really good at set pieces.

Wow, unfortunately due to being away I’ve missed the match so just read this thread to catch up with the comments.

People moaning Ledley is getting forward to much and then when he scores take away any credit by blaming a deflection, moaning that Lawrence gets MOM and all he did was score a goal. Comment of the day for me though was the one about the camera showing only one of our fans singing, typed from the luxury of their keyboard whilst watching the game on the box....irony at its the best.

Anyway looking forward to getting back to watching and enjoying it in person, hopefully the start of a good run ?

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

supported the team longer than youve known how to wipe an arse,  little boy

will always do so but one day you will be mature enough to know that you have a choice - woukd  you rather subject yourself to underperforming, over complicating, hugely overpaid uncommitted individals.

Or might you just prefer taking your granddaughter to the park for a couple of hours on a saturday afternoon ? 

The choice is puerly personal . But i know which i would currently prefer. 

Yet you were more than happy to sit the whole of last season watching the opposition pass the football whilst we stood and watched, and when we did get the ball hoof it to the corner for Weimann to chase.

Each to their own, I know I would rather watch us play football than the other team. 

Archived