v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ll have to wait and see where Tom and Wisdom play, could go either way but McLovin does make sense.

Happy with the team, glad he’s tossed Waghorn in to get him going immediately and hopefully we’ll get a glance of Marriot today.

Slightly concerned to see Ledley again, watched all of the reading match and thought he was poor as the holding midfielder, but sure half the team was poor against Reading and taking him out because of one game would be a knee jerk reaction. 

Hoping for an entertaining game at the very least, COYR!

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ah, I understood he was a utility player but predominantly a RB? Ignore me then.

I think he played the majority of his games at centre back when on loan at Hull and Brighton and he’s described as a centre back on a number of sites, but he can play at right back too.

You could be right though, it depends whether Lampard thinks that he is ready to automatically be thrown into the deep end at centre back where mistakes are more costly than if he were to play at right back. He’s described as very quick though which could be an argument to play at right back to help Wilson on the right hand side, which Wisdom didn’t do on Friday.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Has Keogh had any history with Leeds fans because many of them seem to have an irrational hatred of him? Odd. 

It's because they know what's coming...

41 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If true (we'll see in 20 minutes) it's Captain Keogh on his birthday. And to score the winner!

An upgrade moving from Nuge to Waghorn. 

A (probable) downgrade moving from Davies to Tomori.

No idea how it will effect us.

Regardless, we have to be far better on the ball in this game than we were against Reading.

I know it’s only the second game of the season, but I’m already feeling the weight of this result. 

So much expectation on both sides. You have to think we’ll both be up there at the business end. Both teams with the right footballing philosophy. A win for rookie Frank tonight against “The best Manager in the world TM” would really send a message to the league and give this new squad a massive boost. 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

An upgrade moving from Nuge to Waghorn. 

A (probable) downgrade moving from Davies to Tomori.

No idea how it will effect us.

Regardless, we have to be far better on the ball in this game than we were against Reading.

Well, here's hoping Tomori proves you wrong

TobyWanKenobi
19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Has Keogh had any history with Leeds fans because many of them seem to have an irrational hatred of him? Odd. 

Same as a lot of Derby fans on this forum and Twitter!

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Well, here's hoping Tomori proves you wrong

If he does, it would make him one of the best CBs in the league - so I'll be DELIGHTED if we've managed to get that on loan ? 

Properly nervous about this game ? 

Mainly because I think a loss is more on the cards in this game than most, and I hate when games like that come along at the start of the season. Really pops the balloon.

This would be a massive win.

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Lampard seems to believe new signings should sit out the first game... except for Waghorn 

He just said in the Sky build up that "its not ideal" as he's not completely 100%, but he's hoping he can show his class.

Tomori's straight in too. 

12 minutes ago, David said:

Would say it’s just a few on here, not a lot. 

And there’s a massive difference between criticism and hatred. That’s such a powerful word. I thought he had a very poor game and said so but there’d be no one happier than I to see him have a stormer tonight. He’d be quite pleased too though I imagine 

Archived