v Reading (A) Match Thread

rynny

Looked a better team once Bennett came on and i thought i would never say that

Be interesting were FL goes in that position next game,i dont think we will see Marriott until Oldham in the cup though

A wins a win but must do better as my teacher used to say 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Viper2 said:

2nd Goal masked the inept and quite worrying performance. Better teams would've trounced us. 

Not convinced about the Lampard effect yet. 

And neither should you be convinced after 1 game?

I’d be worried if anybody was. 

49 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Don’t care if I get slated for being ‘negative’ and I don’t care about it being the first game of the season. This is absolutel dross. Defence side ways passing, nothing in midfield and nothing up front. This is one of the worst performances in memory. Every single player utterly inept tonight, it’s comical at times how poor we are. 

Probably worth posting at the end of the game lol, football can change in a second!

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd rather eat my own knees than watch a rowett team ever again.

Or watch paint dry...

COYR!.....excellent win after a difficult first game.

we would have defended better, and created more chances ourselves under him. Also keogh and davies wouldnt be pissing about at the back with no huddlestone to take the ball off their hands. Anyway the bigger the club with more options he has the better Rowett will do. its too simplistic to say he is negative... even Mourinho stuggled to be negative when he took charge or Real madrid.

Just now, TigerTedd said:

Reading were robbed. Not untrue, but you could see in the last 5-10 minutes they were happy to play in their own half, and there was only one team going for the win. So that was pleasing to see. And it paid off. Lo and behold, you try to score, and you score, you try not to concede, and you don’t always succeed. 

I don't think Reading did enough to be considered robbed. 

They weren't good in the first half, they were just better. All of their chances were given to them by our mistakes. They failed to score all of them, including a couple 1 on 1s.

in the second half they were the worse team, and their goal came out of the one chance they created, 

I wouldn't say we fully deserved it, but that doesn't mean they were robbed.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Here's a shorter clip of the Lawrence goal that won't be blocked in foreign countries

The commentary is a bit disappointing. He thought the game was over. Commentary’s like ‘oh, it’s a goal!’

Just now, TigerTedd said:

The commentary is a bit disappointing. He thought the game was over. Commentary’s like ‘oh, it’s a goal!’

Tbf - the vast majority of players don't even attempt a cross from Bennett's position.

Even fewer hit one that well. I'm not calling Bennett World Class, but you don't expect crosses like that from non-World Class players.

And then you still need someone gambling on it in the middle.

Well that was a pretty poor performance and we won away.

Perhaps that's the sort of luck we've been missing.

The lack of composure on the ball was embarrassing and went against all of the good stuff we showed in the friendlies. 

Good job we were up against a toothless Reading side because our errors would have been punished by better forwards.

Frank will know we need to strengthen yet we still got 3 points. Win  win.

Archived