Andreas Weimann has joined Bristol City

Charlie George
Message added by Day

Non transfer related Weimann posts should now be in Football Talk or 👉 https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29724-ex-rams/

40 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I don't know that! Is that confirmed then?

Not by the club, Owen Bradley or anyone like that, but there was a Derby fan who got pictures of them all boarding the plane and he wasn't in the pictures and he also confirmed he didn't see him at all

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yeah but will frank favour the flat breakfast mushroom, the button closed cap or the shitake? 

You just can't afford to be loose with your mushroom terminology in the modern game ?

You sound like a fungi!

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

Not by the club, Owen Bradley or anyone like that, but there was a Derby fan who got pictures of them all boarding the plane and he wasn't in the pictures and he also confirmed he didn't see him at all

Maybe he was off chasing a ball?

15 hours ago, RamNut said:

Not alot of love on here for weimann.

all i can say is we've got a lot who are worse

more poo to shift than severn trent.

I agree, but somebody wants Weimann and look willing to pay good money for him. Some of that pop we could have trouble giving away.

For £2m, I'd not only offer young Andreas a lift to Bristol, I'd make him a ham and cheese sandwich for the journey, stop every time he needs the toilet, let him spend £1 on those vibrating massage chairs at the services, give him as many sweets as he wants and carry his bags to the door when we get to Brizzle ?

25 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

For £2m, I'd not only offer young Andreas a lift to Bristol, I'd make him a ham and cheese sandwich for the journey, stop every time he needs the toilet, let him spend £1 on those vibrating massage chairs at the services, give him as many sweets as he wants and carry his bags to the door when we get to Brizzle ?

So you rate him highly then?! ?

I feel like some of the responses on here are abit OTT. He might not be a clinical finisher, but he gives his all and he does the dirty job off tracking back and chasing down the ball. I would take £2m but I appreciate his efforts.

This £2m would probably allow a loan to be processed. Nothing major will be done until Vydra is sold though.

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

I feel like some of the responses on here are abit OTT. He might not be a clinical finisher, but he gives his all and he does the dirty job off tracking back and chasing down the ball. I would take £2m but I appreciate his efforts.

I agree with every word of this.

I think at that price this is a good deal for everyone (including Bristol City) and wish Andi all the best.

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Just a bit. Makes you wonder how we made the play offs at all when you look at the comments on Weimann, Lawrence, Jerome.....

Always feels like we're comparing our Championship players with stars at the World Cup. Of course they have flaws, which is why they are not in the Premier League. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

Just a bit. Makes you wonder how we made the play offs at all when you look at the comments on Weimann, Lawrence, Jerome.....

Always feels like we're comparing our Championship players with stars at the World Cup. Of course they have flaws, which is why they are not in the Premier League. 

We made the play offs on the back of Carson, Keogh, Davies, Huddlestone and Vydra having a season of great finishing.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Pretty sure that both Wiemann and definitely CJ were not regulars in the team that got us to second in the league. It’s only when they became regulars that our form dipped, chances of automatically being promoted disappeared, we nearly missed out on the play offs and we were easily beat over two legs.

I don’t think people are comparing them with WC players, they just recognise that they are not taking the club foward and therefore are hopefull that a better player will be brought in.  Wienmann has been at the club over 3 years and has a grand total of 9 goals and for me I can’t remember many performances that stand as as being good, therefore I won’t be sad to see him leave. 

Archived