Andreas Weimann has joined Bristol City

Charlie George
Message added by Day

Non transfer related Weimann posts should now be in Football Talk or 👉 https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29724-ex-rams/

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lad is Andi, but yes he's one of the many senior pro's that I'd let go if we get an offer.

Our squad is far too big and is completely unbalanced in midfield and attack.

Andi doesn't give us a lot extra to what the likes of Anya, Bennett & Thomas can give, so at £2m I think both we and Brizzle will have got an good deal.

When we had better this would make total sense ie last summer but currently we have no one better so as long as the space in the side is filled by better then so be it - wieman is currently a first team starter and only 26 and should be worth a lot more than £2 million some would sell him for after he did very well last season - but then again he only has one year left on his contract 

2m for him when he only has 1 year left on his deal for me is a price we shouldnt refuse.

He is a workhorse, but under Lampard i'm hoping to see a lot more than just that from our attacking players.

The article suggests Marriott is a possible replacement too.

Also, remember that even though he has been written off by a lot of people, we do have Blackman back who at this level has shown he can score goals which is something the likes of Weimann & Anya havent showed at this level.

What he lacks in quality he more than makes up in work rate and sometimes that can be just as important. I think he improved with his consistency throughout the season too. I wouldn't be in a mega rush to sell him , there's certainly players I would sell before him , bit considering all that if FL can replace his work rate and add quality I wouldn't have a problem with him going.

I do like him as a player, through his endeavour and pace alone he is capable of producing something out of nothing (see QPR and Leeds last year) but hopefully our only tactic this year won’t be Huddlestone directing balls into the corner for him to chase so we might be more successful with others. I also don’t think we should be against offers for basically anyone in the squad apart from a couple, so I’d let him go.

As much as I agree we should sell,£2 mil in this day and age for a first team starter in a play off team and he’s only 26 is too little. I think we paid £2.3 for him? So negative equity in a starter? 

At least make a profit. £2.5 mil with add ons

Archived