Andreas Weimann has joined Bristol City

Charlie George
Message added by Day

Non transfer related Weimann posts should now be in Football Talk or 👉 https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29724-ex-rams/

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people who want promotion yet dont want to see players leave who have no end result and only show passion and run round like headless chickens bewilder me. You need to have quality as well as desire to go up, Weimann was not good enough.....

When he signed, a Villa fan said to me that he's better through the middle. A Sam Winnall/Paul Dickov style grafting striker in their waiting to blossom? Maybe. On balance, top bloke, decent player, poor signing. Good luck at Brizzle Andi.

17 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

It amazes me how people can say no or zero end product when clearly he’s scored and assisted some good goals.

good luck andi

89 games for Derby resulting in 9 goals & 6 assists, where he was played in predominantly an attacking position. I don't think you can blame people for saying he lacks end product. We can happily bang on about Nick Blackman's end product, but he nearly did that in half a season at Reading - well, in fact he scored more goals. 

19 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

people who want promotion yet dont want to see players leave who have no end result and only show passion and run round like headless chickens bewilder me. You need to have quality as well as desire to go up, Weimann was not good enough.....

It's not people want him to stay as such, it's the fact that he doesn't deserve the stupid comments. He's not good enough, fair enough. But he was one of the ones who gave everything. I agree, we need more quality if we want to go up

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

89 games for Derby resulting in 9 goals & 6 assists, where he was played in predominantly an attacking position. I don't think you can blame people for saying he lacks end product. We can happily bang on about Nick Blackman's end product, but he nearly did that in half a season at Reading - well, in fact he scored more goals. 

They aren’t saying he lacks it but he has no or zero end product. There’s a difference

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Always worked hard but he was poor. 

Agree, I thought he was a little better when he played on the right hand side though where he could run in straight lines. When on the left, he had he cut in a lot and dribble or cross on his weaker foot, which he wasn’t as good at

Shame he couldn't quite replicate his performance in the second leg of the playoff semi final against Hull. He was immense that day. I honestly believe we would've gone on to win that game if he hadn't gone off injured after an hour or so. He goes with my best wishes.

PistoldPete2

We will miss his pace especially if we sell vydra too. Hope we can replace that with loans or whatever. 

Archived