Andreas Weimann has joined Bristol City

Charlie George
Message added by Day

Non transfer related Weimann posts should now be in Football Talk or 👉 https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29724-ex-rams/

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:09, ShoreRam said:

For £2m, I'd not only offer young Andreas a lift to Bristol, I'd make him a ham and cheese sandwich for the journey, stop every time he needs the toilet, let him spend £1 on those vibrating massage chairs at the services, give him as many sweets as he wants and carry his bags to the door when we get to Brizzle ?

Many have said this and I too was in agreement, so after filling my car with fuel I ventured to Pride Park today to offer my assistance but unfortunately I had to return home as the queue was too long.

No need for any harsh words.

It's not Andi's fault but he will forever be the epitome of our season of profligate spending where we seemingly signed players whilst between managers, with no idea why we were signing them or what team plan we were fitting them into.

Good luck at Brizzle - at least if Lee Johnson starts with a plan it might help Andi.

2 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Good luck you always put in a shift which is more than some we've had over the years .

Yep, always tried hard and put a decent shift in, unfortunately just wasn't quite good enough for what we needed - lack of managerial stability didn't help him either.

Good luck to him for 44 of the 46 games next season!

I liked Weimann but unfortunately he was never better than what was here before him. Whether that was due to his own form being inconsistent, being in/out of the team, or he wasn’t good enough is up for debate. Probably down to right player/wrong time or whatever way you want to put it, as he was never really able to settle into an 11.

Honest, hard working player, gave his all without ever being clinical enough. 

Repkace him with another, same characteristics, more end product both in terms of pass accuracy and goals scored it’s a good deal.

Wish him well, bar playing us, as really good bloke.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Add Russell to that list.

I think Dawkins was probably the most underrated forward we had in recent years.

Dawkins had unbelievable first touch and dribbling ability. The ball just stuck to his feet like glue.

If he had better ability to pick a final pass, or shoot then he would have been playing for a Champions League side.

15 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Was he better than Jamie ward or simon Dawkins, i don't think he was to be honest.  

Yes he was better than Jamie Ward but comparison with Simon Dawkins is just wrong because they were so different.

I am a little saddened by Andreas leaving, especially on the back of Johnny going, I think there should always be squad room for a run it down and chase everything sort of a guy - closing down the opposition defense when tryin to close out a game.

e.g I would have gone with Vardy sooner than Dier last night

But that is all just my own personal opinion

He was yet another second striker we attempted to convert to a winger - see also Johnny Russell, Matej Vydra when used out wide - so has never really played in his natural position since being here.

Gave it everything, seemed a decent sort. Best of luck to him, just not against us. Decent fee, decent chunk of wages freed up, good move for all parties concerned.

Only Carson, Butterfield and Johnson left of the Clement era now, I think?

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

He was yet another second striker we attempted to convert to a winger - see also Johnny Russell, Matej Vydra when used out wide - so has never really played in his natural position since being here.

Gave it everything, seemed a decent sort. Best of luck to him, just not against us. Decent fee, decent chunk of wages freed up, good move for all parties concerned.

Only Carson, Butterfield and Johnson left of the Clement era now, I think?

Olsson and Blackman, they were Clements signings, not sure if he actually got to manage them though.

Archived