Andreas Weimann has joined Bristol City

Charlie George
Message added by Day

Non transfer related Weimann posts should now be in Football Talk or 👉 https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29724-ex-rams/

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Personally I think he’s a great player totally deserving of a £5 mil transfer.

come on Bristol you know he’s worth it! ?

saying that, some folk said ince was lazy and Russell had no end product. Wish they were both still here mind!

hope we have an upgrade lined up

Yep Ince and Russell were very good for us and given an decent opportunity last season wieman did ok but he is still a lot better than Anya camara etc - time for Thomas and Bennett to step up and be given a proper chance 

PistoldPete2
52 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Lawrence is awful, I’d take Andi every day of the week over biscuit legs Lawrence. 

Lawrence has more end product but had a frustrating season last year. Hopefully this will be his year. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep Ince and Russell were very good for us and given an decent opportunity last season wieman did ok but he is still a lot better than Anya camara etc - time for Thomas and Bennett to step up and be given a proper chance 

Bennett will get a chance this season but probably not with us.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Lawrence has more end product but had a frustrating season last year. Hopefully this will be his year. 

I think Lawrence will come to life under a manager who isn't Gary Rowett. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think Lawrence will come to life under a manager who isn't Gary Rowett. 

Just now, Topram said:

Couldn’t agree more

Hope so. There's a player in there, underneath the grumpy, indecisive demeanour and the miserable face-like-a-slapped-arse countenance. I'd love to see a bit if passion and love of life and football in his game. Challenge for Frank to drag it out of him.

This is great news... Weimann epitomised everything wrong with Rowetts Derby team. All the emphasis on work rate rather than skill. 

Nothing against Andi, but looking forward to pass and move footy this year rather than the  hoof and chase of last. 

Roll on the good times. 

7 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Wow, how football's moved on. £2m for an average at best championship player. 

1 good game out of 3 or 4 is no use for a side looking to get promoted. 

Take the money and move on. 

You realise that £2m is what we paid for him, right?

I’m very surprised by all of this, not least of all by the figure we’re getting for him.

He works hard; he obviously looks after himself  well and covers a lot of ground. He just isn’t a good footballer, which worked well under Rowett because he wanted his wingers to be more like greyhounds than actual footballers. 

He will have no doubt been on good money too, so I think this is a massive plus for us. Happy days. 

More than happy with this, think he'd only have been let go for free at the end of his contract anyway. Hard-working and pace are his main attributes, like a deer on ice with the ball at his feet is what lets him down.

To get £2m for him is good business, I don't think it's going to take anywhere near that to replace him in the squad without weakening it in terms of quality. Invested correctly, and there's no reason why we can't improve our squad AND save on budget and wages. Whether that'll happen or not remains to be seen.

Archived