Andreas Weimann has joined Bristol City

Charlie George
Message added by David

Non transfer related Weimann posts should now be in Football Talk or 👉 https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29724-ex-rams/

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We need better than him, but people should still be careful what they wish for here. He was still first choice last season and hasn’t yet been replaced, and were talking about selling him to a championship rival for a fee no more than we bought him for. Absolutely I think we can get better than him, but will we with our recent record? He’s still a very decent and reliable player, he just doesn’t have the end product.

Sell for me given he’s in the last year of his contract (maybe try to push them to 3 mil given they have cash ready), but it would be a sale with thanks for his contributions and hope we can get better, rather than a throw him out like others are saying.

We might not be 'replacing' him as such. We have 6 or7 forwards at present. I think we need to replace them with four good ones.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Surplus to requirements. We've got superstar Nick Blackman back. Get rid.

Ah yes, Blackman, Nugent, Martin and Jerome. Four strikers all over 30. We do need to do something about that. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Ah yes, Blackman, Nugent, Martin and Jerome. Four strikers all over 30. We do need to do something about that. 

Get your drift but only Nugent and Jerome are actually over 30

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Don’t think he is 30 yet? Might be wrong of course. 

1 minute ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

I'm really worried this is Johnson's replacement for Bobby Reid.

Whats he actually like, other than hard working? Got to admit I know next to nothing about him.

Fast

4 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

Whats he actually like, other than hard working? Got to admit I know next to nothing about him.

Very fast, but sometimes goes too fast when carrying the ball and he loses momentum.

Tracks back well, and pulls defenders around so creates good space for other attackers.

Panics in the box though. Shots and final balls are usually scuffed. He is a great cog in a counter attacking team but not the player you want to be delivering the final blow.

I doubt he is your Reid replacement.

PistoldPete2
6 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

He is also very quick. Scored goals in the Prem, but not many for us in the wide positions he has been played in . Not as good as Reid i would be quite confident about that. 

11 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

Put it this way, if you buy him it won’t take you long to change your username to HoleyMoleyMcMolerson.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

He is also very quick. Scored goals in the Prem, but not many for us in the wide positions he has been played in . Not as good as Reid i would be quite confident about that. 

While "scored goals in the prem" is technically true, I dont think your implication is correct. 17 goals over 113 appearances for Villa in the prem is not really any better than his return for us.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

While "scored goals in the prem" is technically true, I dont think your implication is correct. 17 goals over 113 appearances for Villa in the prem is not really any better than his return for us.

82 starts, 31 sub appearances, 7230 minutes in total. Thats a goal every 425 minutes on the pitch so a 1 in 4. Seen a lot worse.

4663 minutes in a Derby shirt, 9 goals, goal every 5 games. 

Better in the Prem in terms of goals. Slightly.

#Stats

Archived