Andreas Weimann has joined Bristol City

Charlie George
Message added by Day

Non transfer related Weimann posts should now be in Football Talk or 👉 https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29724-ex-rams/

PistoldPete2
18 hours ago, Coconut said:

To my memory he and Russell shared the role between them at the start. They're both players who can be reasonably effective in short bursts/runs but will never be able to keep up performances for more than a handful of games at a time before going back to being useless. 

Second half of the season we were left with Weimann as the default first choice starter down the right, with nobody suitable to swap him out for his inevitable 'gone to poo' spells meant long periods of frustration.

Well true... Same with Jamie ward, lively but inconsistent. Best tactic was to swap ward and russell or russell and weimann. Seemed to work until we had no one to swap with. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

Everywhere reporting he's currently having a medical and deal expected to be completed today for around £2m. He's a very good player for a lower-mid championship team but not if you are looking to get to the prem.

We aren't.

22 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

So you rate him highly then?! ?

To be honest, I never like to give our players a hard time but I don't think Weimann is good enough for a top end team (which we want to be, of course). I do admire his work rate and attitude but not so much his football - Let's be honest, £2m is FANTASTIC business for a half decent player in his last year of contract.

Don't want to jinx it, but would be delighted if this went through. Weimann is a trier and always gives everything, but he lacks quality and football intelligence. His work rate forced him into the team last season because he's a Rowett type of player, and my heart sank every time his name was on the teamsheet preventing better technique making it onto the pitch.

He's a terrible finisher to the extent that when he scores it's almost always a fluke - some sort of mishit. He always makes the wrong choices around the box. If we can de-bloat the squad and get money for players I don't want in the first team, then that's some compensation for the better players we sell below their value. 

If half a dozen more can go we can think about a couple of incomings. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

We aren't.

Oh yeah?!?!

31 May 2018 · 'Derby are a Premier League club-in-waiting' - new boss Lampard

11 Jan 2018 · Gary Rowett believes Derby County are a "Premier League club in waiting"

12 Oct 2016 · "My ultimate aspiration remains exactly what it was before, to take Derby County back to the Premier League." Steve McClaren

Feel silly now don't you @RamNut?

I think Bennett deserves a chance in this side. Maybe not starting but he can do a job from the bench or from the start. Very strong and powerful player who never looks out of his depth, i remember him taking on Cole when we played Chelsea and he was only 18/19. 

31 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I think Bennett deserves a chance in this side. Maybe not starting but he can do a job from the bench or from the start. Very strong and powerful player who never looks out of his depth, i remember him taking on Cole when we played Chelsea and he was only 18/19. 

We have to give proper chances to the likes of Bennett so that they can prove themselves if they are able to, I know he tries  out wide but I think he would be best through the middle up front next to someone who can look after him in a football way

When this happening then come on!

Been a big fan of Andi during his time here but I want something to happen goddamnit

I like how they snuck their obligatory Coral betting tweet in seconds before posting that, so no-one notices. Smart work.

59 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I agree. Bennett could easily offer what Weimann does, if not more if given a chance. Bennett just struggles to stay fit, therefore hasn't had a proper run in the team to find his feet. He's been in and around the first team for years without being able to manage 10 games in a row. 

Good luck Weimann, underrrated by our fans I feel. Never quite good enough for a promotion team tho imo, will definately need replacing tho, probably at a higher cost than 2 mil unless a loan. Worth it if it’s a player with better quality in the final third mind. Will be interested to see rumours because we’ve had little links with widemen so far.

Archived