Andreas Weimann has joined Bristol City

Charlie George
Message added by David

Non transfer related Weimann posts should now be in Football Talk or 👉 https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29724-ex-rams/

5 minutes ago, David said:

82 starts, 31 sub appearances, 7230 minutes in total. Thats a goal every 425 minutes on the pitch so a 1 in 4. Seen a lot worse.

4663 minutes in a Derby shirt, 9 goals, goal every 5 games. 

Better in the Prem in terms of goals. Slightly.

#Stats

I knew it was slightly better, I just disagreed with the (albeit personally perceived) implication that he's much worse for us. As you say, it is only slight.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve criticised Weimann for quite a long time, but to be fair to the guy he was arguably our most improved player last season and put some real shifts in.

Unfortunatly I think he lacks that quality we need overall and his finishing/decision making is pretty poor sometimes. Perhaps that’s because he is naturally a No.10 - a position I don’t see him getting a chance in here. 

£2m is a great bit of business for us. Equally, I hope he does well at City ?

48 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

I'm really worried this is Johnson's replacement for Bobby Reid.

Whats he actually like, other than hard working? Got to admit I know next to nothing about him.

He is one of those players lots of championship managers like in their teams.Hard working,tracks back helping full backs out and has pace which makes him dangerous to opposition defenders.

His downside though as been mentioned is he lacks composure on front of goal and in crossing positions.You can never question his desire or effort he is just very frustrating because of the afore mentioned parts lacking in his make up.

For 2mill you will be getting a mid level championship player which is not bad value these days.

14 minutes ago, David said:

But this is also about Weimann, not Blackman, let's stay on topicish.

To be fair he's got a point. 3 million for Weimann, or 2 million plus Blackman!

It's a joke before anyone gets the huff.

2 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Could we replace him with a better player for 2 million? 

Also, maybe Bristol will play him in his actual position rather than out wide. 

Bristol took liverpool’s Rayn Kent last season which many here wanted as a wide player well apparently he was dreadful and now they want someone who can actually perform well with his many frustrations 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Bristol took liverpool’s Rayn Kent last season which many here wanted as a wide player well apparently he was dreadful and now they want someone who can actually perform well with his many frustrations 

He was absolutely gash.

One of the laziest, most inept wingers I've ever seen. Constantly ran in to dead ends.

If we're getting another Kent here I might well just top myself.

2 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

He was absolutely gash.

One of the laziest, most inept wingers I've ever seen. Constantly ran in to dead ends.

If you like players who give 110% for every minute they’re on the pitch, then you’ll like Weimann.

If you’re looking for someone with great technical ability and skill, then you might want to look elsewhere. 

I’d be shocked if you were choosing to replace Reid with Weimann. 

3 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

He was absolutely gash.

Clark?

2 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

He was absolutely gash.

No Weiman is a good acquisition but we had Ince and Russell both of whom were better by a long way but they both moved on and wieman did well last season based on the previous ones and we would have sold him to wolves for £1.5 million last summer but for thier Portuguese revolution but he did well last season and if he leaves which he may do due to his contract length remaining he would do well for you but obviously his final ball is variable and he should score more but at that price you can’t complain to much nowadays 

now if we replaced him with Thomas and Bennett from our own youngsters I would agree with the transfer because it achieves different targets - lower pay roll and a bit of money back and a couple of promising youngsters given a proper opening 

there was many on here wanting Rayn Kent here because they had heard a few positives about him so it is nice to hear what somebody who watched him a fair bit thinks, good luck next season and enjoy it because Rowett wasn’t going to let us enjoy it if he stayed 

45 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I’ve criticised Weimann for quite a long time, but to be fair to the guy he was arguably our most improved player last season and put some real shifts in.

Unfortunatly I think he lacks that quality we need overall and his finishing/decision making is pretty poor sometimes. Perhaps that’s because he is naturally a No.10 - a position I don’t see him getting a chance in here. 

£2m is a great bit of business for us. Equally, I hope he does well at City ?

I'd be interested to see a list of the attributes you think are required to play as a No. 10 and the list of attributes you think Weimann possesses that would make it his natural position!?

Can't see it myself! I don't think Weimann is a natural anything!

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I'd be interested to see a list of the attributes you think are required to play as a No. 10 and the list of attributes you think Weimann possesses that would make it his natural position!?

Can't see it myself! I don't think Weimann is a natural anything!

Pretty sure he’s said himself that that’s where he wants to play. The two clubs he’s done well at (Villa and Wolves) he played in that position.

I would sell for 1m so I would be very happy if we get 2m for Weimann. I like his work ethic, but he can't cross, has zero end product and I'm still unsure what his best position is. Thanks for your contribution, especially a against hull away!

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Deal agreed. Going. 

Good luck to AW, he gave it his all when called upon. 

No hard feelings here he seemed to be the consummate professional during his time here. 

Theres an obvious added bonus to the the £2m incoming fee, we have yet another large wage earner off of the books too. 

Cost cutting exercise in full flow. 

We got our money back on him then? Good going if the case. Won’t personally lose any sleep whatsoever AW leaving. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him beat a full back on the wing, ever. Thanks, good luck, bye.

Archived