Andreas Weimann has joined Bristol City

Charlie George
Message added by Day

Non transfer related Weimann posts should now be in Football Talk or 👉 https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29724-ex-rams/

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Good luck to AW, he gave it his all when called upon. 

No hard feelings here he seemed to be the consummate professional during his time here. 

Theres an obvious added bonus to the the £2m incoming fee, we have yet another large wage earner off of the books too. 

Cost cutting exercise in full flow. 

Cost cutting would be to just get rid so we didn’t have their wage bill. We’ve actually got some money for him so this is more than cost cutting. 

If we can do this with 3-4 more players, we are in good shape. 

Get in 

delighted,

had a slight Renaissance last season under Rowett but that still resulted in not much end product and poor decision making.

always reminded me of an over excited puppy dog that’s been on the fruit pastilles 

put it like this, when an attacking players most talked about asset is “his workrate” u know ur struggling 

average championship player tops 

happy days 

Personally I think he’s a great player totally deserving of a £5 mil transfer.

come on Bristol you know he’s worth it! ?

saying that, some folk said ince was lazy and Russell had no end product. Wish they were both still here mind!

hope we have an upgrade lined up

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Pretty sure he’s said himself that that’s where he wants to play. The two clubs he’s done well at (Villa and Wolves) he played in that position.

Ahhh that explains it. By number 10 you're thinking someone who plays off a 'big man' picking up the ball from them winning headers like he had with Benteke at Villa? I don't think anyone really plays like that anymore though.

I'm thinking of it as more of a playmaker, a technical, creative type between the lines, good control, good vision  and awareness to spot the runs of his teammates,  play through-balls, not shoot when there are 2, 3 better options available, that sort of player.

7 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Can’t see much (nothing) on BCFC forums..? ??‍♂️ They not even started any gossip.

We have a private sub forum for transfer rumours. In the past the club (Bristol city) have got funny about things being leaked through the forum. 

7 minutes ago, Briz said:

We have a private sub forum for transfer rumours. In the past the club (Bristol city) have got funny about things being leaked through the forum. 

I imagine that forum is buzzing at the prospect of signing the Austrian Messi?

Just now, belperram9 said:

Lawrence is awful, I’d take Andi every day of the week over biscuit legs Lawrence. 

Lawrence isn't awful .. Gary Rowett is a **** for playing Lawrence as a winger when he's clearly more comfortable down the middle.

28 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I imagine that forum is buzzing at the prospect of signing the Austrian Messi?

It’s a solid signing. Not hugely exciting but understandable. 

Archived