Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

He’s such a sore loser. He complained in his post match interview that for Gayle 1st goal he waltzed through 3 players. If he actually watched the goal it was sublime skill and nothing the defenders could do. Gayle is some player in the championship. 

Can’t disagree with that watching the highlights, mind those defenders are a bit pedestrian at the minute.

Expect Gayle will be bang in the hunt for top scorer this season, it was a good swap for all concerned.

Meantime Snake city were typical Rowett.

8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

This thread is an absolute joy. 

I’d like to think he is sitting at home in the dark, head in hands, gently rocking and asking, ‘what have I done?’ Over and over again. 

The stoke chairman?  Yep most likely 

Blimey, that thread could have been lifted verbatim from here last season!  I'm afraid I was one of those people who could see (and said) the football was horrible to watch, but kept clinging on to the hope that he would suddenly see the light and get us playing in a better and more entertaining style (as if it was just a matter of time and a few transfer windows to get the team he wanted or needed to get us playing differently).  

Delusional, perhaps, but I didn't want us to keep sacking managers... and the results were OK (though I was questioning whether I really wanted another ST after 25 years if that was was going to be served up.... and just think of the stuff I've seen over that period!). I'm pleased he took the decision out of Mel's hands but I was quite worried he would go to Stoke, spend their millions and build a team that would play the good entertaining football and that somehow it wasn't him that was at fault but us for not letting him do what he wanted.  However, though early days at Stoke (there I go defending him again) it seems like that turgid, negative and dull football is his style and he is never going to change. 

I am truly astounded that managers can't or won't adapt to different styles of play - or that someone is so blinkered to not see that, even if you are winning, people don't want to watch the style of footy he wants to play.  I think I still expect them to get promoted though (I just can't shake that expectation he will come good.  Madness).

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

Blimey, that thread could have been lifted verbatim from here last season!  I'm afraid I was one of those people who could see (and said) the football was horrible to watch, but kept clinging on to the hope that he would suddenly see the light and get us playing in a better and more entertaining style (as if it was just a matter of time and a few transfer windows to get the team he wanted or needed to get us playing differently).  

Delusional, perhaps, but I didn't want us to keep sacking managers... and the results were OK (though I was questioning whether I really wanted another ST after 25 years if that was was going to be served up.... and just think of the stuff I've seen over that period!). I'm pleased he took the decision out of Mel's hands but I was quite worried he would go to Stoke, spend their millions and build a team that would play the good entertaining football and that somehow it wasn't him that was at fault but us for not letting him do what he wanted.  However, though early days at Stoke (there I go defending him again) it seems like that turgid, negative and dull football is his style and he is never going to change. 

I am truly astounded that managers can't or won't adapt to different styles of play - or that someone is so blinkered to not see that, even if you are winning, people don't want to watch the style of footy he wants to play.  I think I still expect them to get promoted though (I just can't shake that expectation he will come good.  Madness).

Managers don’t change. They seem to live and die by a certain style and identity. 

Makes me laugh when half time commentary has pundits saying something like ‘clearly the back 3 isn’t working, what he should do is switch to a back 4 to neutralise their threat.’

the manager had never used a back 4 in his life, he’s unlikely to change at any point during the season, he’s certainly not likely to change mid game.

Gary has his style. It had given him more up ticks (was going to say success, but he’s not really ‘succeed’ in his career yet, but reaching the play offs, saving Birmingham, are at least undeniable achievements), so he’s going to stick with that style forever. I can’t name many managers who have ever changed their style of philisophy. Maybe someone like Fergie is an example of someone who would have a few different answers to whatever questions might be posed. But that’s what makes managers like that a cut above. 

14 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I once made an analogy about Steve McClaren and Newcastle. To make a long starry short, it was about us being an overly jealous boyfriend, who saw our girlfriend was close friends with one of her work colleagues, believed they were having an affair, and eventually it became a self fulfilling prophecy. When we eventually dumped her, she ended up with this new guy anyway. 

Along similar lines, the analogy here is:

The new girlfriend seemed like a good match, we’d been friends for years, we’d asked around, and the one or two boyfriends she’d had before had no complaints. But before too long we could see the relationship was getting boring. Not enough to actually consider dumping her, it was comfortable enough, and it was working to a certain extent, but it just didn’t have that oomph of an exciting relationship. Missionary every Saturday afternoon, and occasionally on a Tuesday evening. But you’re never going to get a blow job again. 

We’re thinking of the best way we can dump her, but are realistically preparing to settle in for the long haul relationship, before we realise she’s actually buggered off with someone else. She’s dumped us! For someone who is, to all appearances, a bit better looking and a lot richer. What a bitch!

But this new fella from just down the road is wondering why we weren’t heartbroken by the situation. Now he’s starting to realise what we had already realised. He’s been caught in the same trap. And we’re justifiably loving every second of it. 

I'm beginning to worry about your love life. Have you thought about a cathartic season on the Jeremy Kyle show? Or maybe a chat with the Loose Women?

Butland

Martina - Williams - Indi

Bauer - Allen - Etebo - Woods - McClean

Bojan

Berahino

We're getting utterly worked over in Midfield. He has to address that first.

We have no guile. He has to address that.

Shawcross is either a) done; or b) needs a break. he has to address that.

Hitting balls up to a big man is ducking meat and potatoes in this division. Bojan & Berahino are not. Change that.

I get the innate frustration regarding Scholes & Cartwright. They are fast approaching a point where their positions (certainly the latter) are untenable. They're actively doing more harm than good. But we have spent in excess of £45 Million in new signings and loan fees, been promised a different manner in which to play and to date we have had neither.The lop-sided, disjointed and frankly disenfranchised manner in which the manager and the players are going about their business is solely down to Gary Rowett, and he should feel, and indeed be, under extreme pressure. I'm afraid that we have brought the wrong young manager in, when options like Potter (who was always my first choice), Dean Smith, Paul Hurst, Neil Harris & a good few others were floating about, and i think it is going to cost us significantly.

So bloody frustrating

Read more:  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/282247/rowett?page=12#ixzz5Q2Rdfi3n

On 02/09/2018 at 01:20, TigerTedd said:

I once made an analogy about Steve McClaren and Newcastle. To make a long starry short, it was about us being an overly jealous boyfriend, who saw our girlfriend was close friends with one of her work colleagues, believed they were having an affair, and eventually it became a self fulfilling prophecy. When we eventually dumped her, she ended up with this new guy anyway. 

Along similar lines, the analogy here is:

The new girlfriend seemed like a good match, we’d been friends for years, we’d asked around, and the one or two boyfriends she’d had before had no complaints. But before too long we could see the relationship was getting boring. Not enough to actually consider dumping her, it was comfortable enough, and it was working to a certain extent, but it just didn’t have that oomph of an exciting relationship. Missionary every Saturday afternoon, and occasionally on a Tuesday evening. But you’re never going to get a blow job again. 

We’re thinking of the best way we can dump her, but are realistically preparing to settle in for the long haul relationship, before we realise she’s actually buggered off with someone else. She’s dumped us! For someone who is, to all appearances, a bit better looking and a lot richer. What a bitch!

But this new fella from just down the road is wondering why we weren’t heartbroken by the situation. Now he’s starting to realise what we had already realised. He’s been caught in the same trap. And we’re justifiably loving every second of it. 

Brilliant Tedd... but you missed out the part where just after she dumps you and you are a bit miffed a mysterious donation arrives in yer bank account for 2 million quid. Im assuming its from the new rich fella helping you feel a bit better...but WOOOOAH hang on, just after this amazing discovery a famous super model turns up on yer doorstep and goes " wanna take me on a date..."!! 

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

Brilliant Tedd... but you missed out the part where just after she dumps you and you are a bit miffed a mysterious donation arrives in yer bank account for 2 million quid. Im assuming its from the new rich fella helping you feel a bit better...but WOOOOAH hang on, just after this amazing discovery a famous super model turns up on yer doorstep and goes " wanna take me on a date..."!! 

well of course she would - you've got £2m quid to spend on her.......?

#analogybreakdown?

Well this thread suddenly got interesting … how's the date with the super model gone then ?

I mean I did hear that the first time you took her out to that old fashioned place that you don't like but she'd heard used to be really famous and you got custard sprayed all over you best shirt.

Then you had dinner a deux at home which was pretty good. You scored mate … twice 

Fish and Chip night a local portside place was a knockout, so you did it again  4 days later. Result !

4 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Nice. What’s even better, is now she’s left us for a richer guy, the gold digging bitch, we’re now able to sell that bit of furniture that she restored and loved, but we couldn’t really find a use for. Add that to the £2 mil her new bloke gave us out of guilt, and we’re now just as rich, and get to wine and dine our new supermodel (who definitely goes down on a weekday) as much as she wants. 

15 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Nice. What’s even better, is now she’s left us for a richer guy, the gold digging bitch, we’re now able to sell that bit of furniture that she restored and loved, but we couldn’t really find a use for. Add that to the £2 mil her new bloke gave us out of guilt, and we’re now just as rich, and get to wine and dine our new supermodel (who definitely goes down on a weekday) as much as she wants. 

And isn’t it brilliant how she bounces up and down when you do .. You’ve haven’t  had that for a while.

I am talking about when  you go to a match. Not anything else, obviously. 

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

James Maclean has been their best player my Stoke mate tells me but I believe he has broke his arm on international duty ?

Well Sky Sports have reported it, probably where your mate has heard it from 

Archived