Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Very strange... 

People speculating Mel pushed him out the door in the comments but then why did he ask permission to speak to Stoke? Seems he wants to add some mystique to his decision which at this point in time was the wrong one

Yes. I think he's just trying to suggest that there is something more to it to save face. He's had a pretty strong backlash to his decision and must be feeling a bit sensitive because of his results at Stoke so far.

I must have posted this about the same time as someone else created a new thread over on the Derby County forum - there's a lot more comment on there if you're interested. 

Still not happy:

'The sense of relief after a win is overwhelming but lets not kid ourselves, most of that performance was appalling again. Up until 70 minutes we were just slow, laboured, bereft of any ideas, no energy. 

'I think we pretty much have the players but still have a manger who struggles to motivate them, play a formation to suit them, and has little plan.'

Read more:  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/282628/blinded-win-most-awful#ixzz5Re6ZiNtt

47 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Still not happy:

'The sense of relief after a win is overwhelming but lets not kid ourselves, most of that performance was appalling again. Up until 70 minutes we were just slow, laboured, bereft of any ideas, no energy. 

'I think we pretty much have the players but still have a manger who struggles to motivate them, play a formation to suit them, and has little plan.'

Read more:  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/282628/blinded-win-most-awful#ixzz5Re6ZiNtt

SSN reporter (Sue Smith) stated that the goal was offside and should not have stood. Snakey obviously using up more of his jam...........sounded like a classic from last season - poohouse a goal then play not to concede ?

On 01/08/2018 at 12:16, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Personally didn't rate Butland at all when we had him.

The thing I remember is how bad he was at crosses. He inspired zero confidence in his back line as well. Remember thinking that if this is the future England keeper we're in for tough times.

Due to work I was stuck abroad and ended up watching the Stoke vs Swansea game in a hotel in some dodgy C-rate sports channel.

Two main things struck me, Stoke were poor - same old boring hoofball that both they and Rowett are famous for. Match made for each other.

Second, what a pathetic crowd, half empty and no atmosphere at all. Was like a Carabao Cup first round affair.

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Still not happy:

I watched it, this is pretty bang on. Goal was offside and Swansea were also unlucky not to equalize in the last few minutes.

10 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I watched it, this is pretty bang on. Goal was offside and Swansea were also unlucky not to equalize in the last few minutes.

Swans will be upset, just 1 point from Florest and Stoke, we're not the only ones getting poo results

4 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Still not happy:

To be fair it's the same fans that hounded Pulis out, maybe they should be careful what they wish for.

Archived