Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Derbados said:

It’s got to be something pretty monumental to have not won a game yet with that squad at your disposal

their squad is ridiculous, they should be walking the league

Who is actually any good in that squad? 

I am very relieved he is not still here or he would have purchased that useless James McClean for £6 million 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Who is actually any good in that squad? 

I am very relieved he is not still here or he would have purchased that useless James McClean for £6 million 

Allen is quality, Ince is good at this level, Butland and shawcross should be too good for the championship, Fletcher and mclean should be decent championship players, Bojan is a quality player and they signed a Nigerian midfielder for around 11 mill who looked good at the world cup. So all in all,  they have a quality squad for the championship that shouldn't be playing so poorly. Clearly , the morale is low after getting relegated and there is probably a lot of egos and discontent in the squad as many of the players will think they are too god for this level.

Just now, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Allen is quality, Ince is good at this level, Butland and shawcross should be too good for the championship, Fletcher and mclean should be decent championship players, Bojan is a quality player and they signed a Nigerian midfielder for around 11 mill who looked good at the world cup. So all in all,  they have a quality squad for the championship that shouldn't be playing so poorly. Clearly , the morale is low after getting relegated and they is probably a lot of egos and discontent in the squad as many of the players will think they are too god for Rowettball.

?

Tbf as @G STAR RAM said, it's early days and anyone who witnessed us at Bristol would not even dare put a single penny on us to finish top 6. 

But what he is doing is stopping us lot arguing which I'm grateful for.

If he was doing well then we'd have people really laying into Lampard and pretty football. Not that I'm saying any style is better than any other. But at the end of the day Rowett left us and Mel hired Frank. Nothing to do with us. But that wouldn't count for anything if Rowett was sitting top of the league and we were getting bogged down trying to play. 

I suppose at the moment you have the flipside where Rowett critics are rubbing it in and that's not great either but at least it kind of justifies or saves Lampard from an early bashing and he's here like it or not

Gary united much of our fan base by fecking off by his own choice. The Lampard buzz brought people in too. And now Rowett is keeping us from going back to last season's argument by getting panned at home by Wigan.

It is a shame that he's doing it at a club I think we all like, respect and envy. A club that we've long admired. It would be a shame to see Stoke On Trent go down. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Tbf as @G STAR RAM said, it's early days and anyone who witnessed us at Bristol would not even dare put a single penny on us to finish top 6. 

But what he is doing is stopping us lot arguing which I'm grateful for.

If he was doing well then we'd have people really laying into Lampard and pretty football. Not that I'm saying any style is better than any other. But at the end of the day Rowett left us and Mel hired Frank. Nothing to do with us. But that wouldn't count for anything if Rowett was sitting top of the league and we were getting bogged down trying to play. 

I suppose at the moment you have the flipside where Rowett critics are rubbing it in and that's not great either but at least it kind of justifies or saves Lampard from an early bashing. 

Gary united much of our fan base by fecking off by his own choice. The Lampard buzz brought people in too. And now Rowett is keeping us from going back to last season's argument by getting panned at home by Wigan.

It is a shame that he's doing it at a club I think we all like, respect and envy. A club that we've long admired. It would be a shame to see Stoke On Trent go down. 

?

1 hour ago, Waffle said:

I know Gary from my days playing youth football (played with his lad) I actually like him as a person and I am disappointed for him that he’s not doing well. Think they will give him a handful more week to see if he can turn it around. Things can change quickly in the championship. Suspect to see him change the shape like he did at Derby

I know what you mean a bit. I really wanted it too work for him but was glad he left in the end. Don't really buy into all the hate as he did us a favour by going.

Only thing I proper dislike him for is selling Hughes, but it was probably the right time for Will to move up.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I know what you mean a bit. I really wanted it too work for him but was glad he left in the end. Don't really buy into all the hate as he did us a favour by going.

Only thing I proper dislike him for is selling Hughes, but it was probably the right time for Will to move up.

I think he only tried to do himself a favour while here and by leaving mate. 

I have heard he's a nice bloke tbh. And football fans are sensitive creatures. Loyalty isn't important to them when they want to buy and sell someone. But when someone sees a chance to further their career then loyalty is very important.

But it's good to create some villains in the game and so long as people don't go too far I think it's perfectly civil to tell Gary Rowett he's a see you next Tuesday and hopefully he gets sacked and has to take a job at Aldi. 

It's gentlemanly conduct within the sport, sir

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Serious question, are Stoke's squad pulling a "lets get rid of this joker" move like Derby's squad with Nigel Pearson, or, is Rowett just so insistent on doing something no one at the club wants to do because that's what he does, like Nigel Pearson at Derby?

That was never really the case. Even in his final few games we saw them trying. I always think back to when Ince went to press a Liverpool full-back and Pearson told him not to, at which point Ince had absolutely no idea what he was supposed to be doing. It was like that for everyone, nobody knew what was going on.

Stoke have some decent individual players, but as a team it’s nothing. They have no system, no identity of playing style. Just 11 blokes thrown together in the hope they can remain solid at the back, and win through individual pieces of quality seemingly from Ince, Afobe or Bojan.

Gary Rowett will go 5 at the back soon enough. When in doubt, throw on another defender!

Read through some pages of the Stoke forum. On balance,  most anger being directed at clubs hierarchy and older players. But there are some green shoots of realisation as to some less appealing aspects of Gary rowetts style.

- uses "they" a lot in press conferences as in "they, the platers, must do better" No "we". Folks thinking that's a sure way to losing the dressing room. 

- doesn't criticise any of his own signings who are not generally performing any better. 

- subbing off better performing players inexplicably. 

- words not being backed up by actions

Views on the players far more damning . Perhaps we were wrong to be as worried about them. The prevalent view seems to be that they're over the hill,  no legs and no stomach for the championship. A wholesale clearout is apparently needed.

LOL.....

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

I think he only tried to do himself a favour while here and by leaving mate. 

I have heard he's a nice bloke tbh. And football fans are sensitive creatures. Loyalty isn't important to them when they want to buy and sell someone. But when someone sees a chance to further their career then loyalty is very important.

But it's good to create some villains in the game and so long as people don't go too far I think it's perfectly civil to tell Gary Rowett he's a see you next Tuesday and hopefully he gets sacked and has to take a job at Aldi. 

It's gentlemanly conduct within the sport, sir

History shows the Cotes family will give him time and sadly for us he will get the Rowettball system right by the time we play them in November. I think they will be like Newcastle were 2 years ago, once it clicks it will click. They have to many good players in key positions not to be in at least in the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

My favourite bit on their forum was - 

far worse position now. spunked the war chest and another bunch of old players on long term contracts we will struggle to get rid of

sound familiar? 

From the BBC match report:

"Perhaps more worryingly for Rowett, his side failed to register a shot on target in the whole 90 minutes."

Sound equally familiar?!

Archived