Snake City watch

Zag zig

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

So Stoke's answer to a squad already containing midfielders Joe Allen, Badou Ndiaye, Darren Fletcher, Giannelli Imbula and Charlie Adam was to add three more in Oghenekaro Etebo, Sam Clucas and now Ryan Woods.

Madness...

Clucas plays on the left

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

Clucas plays on the left

left what? left midfield? Stoke play McClean out there but it wouldn't surprise me if they put him at wingback soon. If Rowett changes to 5-2-3, it'll be interesting to see how he fits 8 midfielders into 2 spots...

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

left what? left midfield? Stoke play McClean out there but it wouldn't surprise me if they put him at wingback soon. If Rowett changes to 5-2-3, it'll be interesting to see how he fits 8 midfielders into 2 spots...

I don’t know what Rowett is planning but you’ve listed all CMs and DMs which makes sense asking why they need Woods as well, just don’t understand why you would chuck Clucas in there that plays out wide. 

Is Clucas even fit? They haven’t had any wide players on the bench all season

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Nah. Small, technical footballer, hardworking countroller in a counter attacking system.

Unless Rowett’s realised counter-attacking football doesn’t work particularly well when you're the favourites I can see it being a waste of money…

Good player,I was leaving Rowettball out of my thinking.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Ryan Woods, where does he fit in? Allen, Etebo Clucas, Woods. Annoyingly, Woods would have been a great solution for us. £6.5m is a lot of money, so we never had a chance, but he'll be up against it there. All the best to him, no doubt making a wedge out of moving there. 

Woods would have probably been perfect as CDM on Franks system. 

18 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t know what Rowett is planning but you’ve listed all CMs and DMs which makes sense asking why they need Woods as well, just don’t understand why you would chuck Clucas in there that plays out wide. 

Is Clucas even fit? They haven’t had any wide players on the bench all season

He’s more of a CM that plays wide because he’s energetic than a true wide-man though.

Think Coutts.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

So Stoke's answer to a squad already containing midfielders Joe Allen, Badou Ndiaye, Darren Fletcher, Giannelli Imbula and Charlie Adam was to add three more in Oghenekaro Etebo, Sam Clucas and now Ryan Woods.

Madness...

Adam seems to be out of favour and there seems to be some chatter around his social media activities - think that was on their forum. 

So he's probably outof favour. 

15 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Got ‘em down for for a 2-1 win at home to Hull in my Soccer 6 tomorrow, I’d enjoy them losing but Hull are quite poor and his season’s got to going sometime, think it might well be tomorrow. 

Well done to £60m or whatever Stoke beating -£several millions Hull, minus a man and all.

Quote from Nigel Adkins on the beeb seems like it's from another era maybe, before we allegedly discovered passing footy and artful set pieces this World Cup:

"Look at the size of Middlesbrough and West Brom. It's the Championship - you need six big guys in your team. We have to bring players in."

Really beginning to think we are going to regret letting Rowett go - can't believe we are missing out on this style of play.

"Good job we have goals elsewhere because this one has not been a memorable one so far."

image.png.b98aca7d68a49ac7f6447cf65f9e81fc.png

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Really beginning to think we are going to regret letting Rowett go - can't believe we are missing out on this style of play.

"Good job we have goals elsewhere because this one has not been a memorable one so far."

image.png.b98aca7d68a49ac7f6447cf65f9e81fc.png

They slithered past 'udders with 2 utterly fluked goals. 

No doubt snakey will be larging it up. But the game overall was appalling to watch and sky news had such low expectations of it they had assigned it to their whipping boy reporter Tony Cottee ?

“He may be negative and boring but I’d have taken that if he was a winner sadly his achievements are saving burton Albion and birmingham relegation his failure in a promotion bid for derby y there was literally no logic in his appointment 

Derby pissing themselves as they use our money to push on into the top 6 while we scrap for safety another catastrophic recruitment”

?

“Darren Moore's West Brom continue to go well in the Championship, recording an eye-catching win against fellow promotion hopefuls Stoke City.”

from the bbc website. How are they still being described as promotion hopefuls when they’re 18th with 5pts? At what point do they just have to accept that they’re lucky there are probably 3 teams worse than them in this league. 

Archived