Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we were in Stoke's position wouldn't many of us be highlighting things like;

• New manager, will take time to get his ideas across and get them playing how he wants;
  • A few new players, will need time to gel;
  • Only four games gone - too soon for kneejerk reactions

and so on... Don't get me wrong, it is quite funny - but plenty of time for him to turn it round.  With his resources - and his style of play (turgid, defensive, dull, solid?) - I would actually expect him to do it faster than us... but that doesn't mean I want him back or am unhappy with what we have!

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

• New manager, will take time to get his ideas across and get them playing how he wants;

and so on... Don't get me wrong, it is quite funny - but plenty of time for him tomturn it round.  With his respurce - and his style of play (turgid, defensive, dull, solid?) - I would actually expect him to do it faster than us... but that doesn't mean I want him back or am unhappy with what we have!

You're right, but, I think Stoke (club and fans) had seemed to delude themselves as to how hard this division is and how their not good enough for the premier league squad was going to be better than all the championship ones.

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

My favourite bit on their forum was - 

far worse position now. spunked the war chest and another bunch of old players on long term contracts we will struggle to get rid of

sound familiar? 

Oh just a bit ??

Sad thing is if he gets bummed out now, there’s still plenty of time to sort out a what is a very good squad on paper and have them up there challenging.

If Rowett can drag it out until Xmas with the odd false dawn performance, hopefully they will be so far off the pace to be considered rivals then that would be the least he could do ?

14 minutes ago, LazloW said:

and so on... Don't get me wrong, it is quite funny - but plenty of time for him to turn it round.  With his resources - and his style of play (turgid, defensive, dull, solid?) - I would actually expect him to do it faster than us... but that doesn't mean I want him back or am unhappy with what we have!

But where's the fun in that?

Archived