If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Possibly not long left then and we could see Lamps confirmed as new manager.

That means you haven't got much time to decide if Frank will be an incredible manager or it's a terrible decision that will ruin the club.

Unfortunately, you then have to stick with that decision forever, regardless how things play out on the field.

It can get tricky, especially if you are a prophet of doom and we start doing well. Best thing here is to avoid the forum during these periods, then return as soon as we have a bad result, ignoring previous form. You'll probably be shot down for this, so it's a good idea to have a different strategy beyond results.

Suddenly becoming passionate about the style of play is useful. A defensive team is boring, a more attacking team can be weak at the back with no plan B.

You can end up looking a bit foolish in the long term, for instance you yearn for a different approach that you were against in the past, but few people will remember this.

Good luck everyone, hope you make what turns out to the be the right decision.

how about supporting the rams no matter who is in charge,if its good great if not back to the drawing board and the world still goes on

23 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

how about supporting the rams no matter who is in charge

I always support the team but i'm more ambivalent about managers, chairmen, chief execs etc.  

3 hours ago, Topram said:

Just heard it now! Cheers mate

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hallelujah, he’s right!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p066r0qm

Not definitely tomorrow. I heard news and sports bulletins later on the same programme and they just said this week.Listen to Chris Coles doing the sports desk at around 1hr 37mins in. So might be tomorrow but not definite

19 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

And there you go then.

The cost-trimming angle needs to have perspective, aside from the outrageous lies regarding us losing £3m a month, it's been mentioned quite logically that we will have to cut the wage budget somewhat. No surprise in that. We simply don't have the room for it with regards to FFP. It's somewhat out of our hands, as it is Villa's. 

What we will have going into next season, which I think the Mail have previously remarked at, is probably the best facilities in the division with regards to training, academy...etc. and a wage structure still within the top six or seven of the division (WBA, Stoke, Swansea, Middlesbrough, Villa, Derby & Wednesday - I can't see anyone else getting to those sort of numbers, not even Hull) 

All we have to do is try and wheel & deal to engineer as much money as possible, not to get it back into Mel's pocket, but to get it back into the squad and us away from any financial repercussions. It's nothing new, I believe both Rowett & Pearson had to do this.

I'm starting to wonder whether it's a line from the club that will hopefully see us more ardent in the transfer market. I certainly don't see us having a wage cap of 10k, ala Preston... for example. 

Archived