If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The cost-trimming angle needs to have perspective, aside from the outrageous lies regarding us losing £3m a month, it's been mentioned quite logically that we will have to cut the wage budget somewhat. No surprise in that. We simply don't have the room for it with regards to FFP. It's somewhat out of our hands, as it is Villa's. 

What we will have going into next season, which I think the Mail have previously remarked at, is probably the best facilities in the division with regards to training, academy...etc. and a wage structure still within the top six or seven of the division (WBA, Stoke, Swansea, Middlesbrough, Villa, Derby & Wednesday - I can't see anyone else getting to those sort of numbers, not even Hull) 

All we have to do is try and wheel & deal to engineer as much money as possible, not to get it back into Mel's pocket, but to get it back into the squad and us away from any financial repercussions. It's nothing new, I believe both Rowett & Pearson had to do this.

I'm starting to wonder whether it's a line from the club that will hopefully see us more ardent in the transfer market. I certainly don't see us having a wage cap of 10k, ala Preston... for example. 

Wheel and deal you say...

DE97D6A8-BDCF-4BCB-BF4D-91E41E984626.jpeg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another day...

If Frank doesn't get the job now then the whole board/public relations team need shooting for not issuing a statement over the last few days along the lines of: 

'Whilst we can confirm we are in talks with Frank Lampard we are still a long way from agreeing any deal. We need to ensure any deal is in the very best interests of the club and we have many other strong candidates to consider'.

Letting it build to fever pitch is great if he is unveiled tomorrow but if he isnt and Wassall gets the job I've got a pitchfork if anyone else has a flaming torch.

3 hours ago, HariboWest said:

It's in tomorrow's Mail. All done. 

So that'll be our second manager to appear in a sex video.

paul jewell to return as video analyst?

9 minutes ago, Slimboy Fat said:

Just been on RD 7am bulletin.

Announcement expected today on the new manager. Didn’t say who but re-confirmed about Lampard being the favourite.

We have an exciting announcement ladies and gentlemen may I introduce Mick Mccarthy as your new Derby County Manager with. 5 year contract

PistoldPete2

If Lampards TV work is causing some delay in negotiations that shouldn't be a surprise. the BBC is notoriously bureaucratic and I would guess hard to deal with if contractual niceties have to be sorted quickly.

Archived