Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I wonder if were waiting for the winner of Saturday's game to be known?

This could be a big mistake. iF Mel has made his mind up he should have done the deal today. If Villa lose I suspect they will sack Bruce. If Villa are looking for a manager, anyone worth their salt would wait for a day or so before picking Derby, in case Villa phone. We may want Bruce ( good call) but it’s a massive gamble. I suspect Mel hasn’t given this a second thought, and just wants the weekend to decide 

I realise this may seem a bit late but I'm still not 100% sure all this Frankie stuff isn't made up based on betting companies taking anyones money on anything! So this made me feel more positive, but still not 100% so that he's actually been interviewed...

Former Chelsea and Manchester City midfielder Frank Lampard is one of 20 applicants for the vacant Derby County manager's job.

The 39-year-old former England midfielder has been linked with a number of role over the past few months, including Oxford and Ipswich.

No decision is expected by the Rams until the middle of next week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44260934

58 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I realise this may seem a bit late but I'm still not 100% sure all this Frankie stuff isn't made up based on betting companies taking anyones money on anything! So this made me feel more positive, but still not 100% so that he's actually been interviewed...

Do you really think Fat Frank is the answer RoyMac or is your philosophy anyone will do after GR???

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Why the childish petty insult?

It should be a forum rule.

Everyone who calls him Fat Frank should have to post a picture of their midrift for comparision. 

17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you really think Fat Frank is the answer RoyMac or is your philosophy anyone will do after GR???

It's not anyone will do after Rowett. But when free of the shackles he imposed (although he promised very differently) then it seems the football world is our oyster.

So I originally voted for Warburton as I thought maybe he'd play proper football, but then I wasn't so sure about him. So I looked at some of the posters praising Smith and I thought yeah that's more like it. Then whilst revelling in the new found freedom to think joyful thoughts about the club I love I thought that Frankie might fit even better than Smith.

He's hopefully (I'll only say it once cos no-one really knows) be a modern manager/coach with fresh ideas. He'll supposedly have Morris with him to coach and maybe others too. He'll have access to and will be a draw for some talented youngsters, as well as giving consideration to our own U23s. He'll be a big media draw and get people talking about the club, hopefully in a positive way - like they did with Mac 1. 

So, no not anyone, but I think Frankie could be good for the club and the club good for him. 

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It should be a forum rule.

Everyone who calls him Fat Frank should have to post a picture of their midrift for comparision. 

Time to increase the upload file size limit then.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's not anyone will do after Rowett. But when free of the shackles he imposed (although he promised very differently) then it seems the football world is our oyster.

So I originally voted for Warburton as I thought maybe he'd play proper football, but then I wasn't so sure about him. So I looked at some of the posters praising Smith and I thought yeah that's more like it. Then whilst revelling in the new found freedom to think joyful thoughts about the club I love I thought that Frankie might fit even better than Smith.

He's hopefully (I'll only say it once cos no-one really knows) be a modern manager/coach with fresh ideas. He'll supposedly have Morris with him to coach and maybe others too. He'll have access to and will be a draw for some talented youngsters, as well as giving consideration to our own U23s. He'll be a big media draw and get people talking about the club, hopefully in a positive way - like they did with Mac 1. 

So, no not anyone, but I think Frankie could be good for the club and the club good for him. 

So what do you think @EssendonRam I imagine you don't believe me.

3 hours ago, Brentfordjack said:

Won’t be Dean Smith he’s not even been contacted nor have the club and doesn’t have an agent.Good luck with fat Frank 

Stop crying, decent players/managers don’t stay at Brentford long, you’re just a stepping stone club, ask Jota/Warburton/ANothers ? 

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

Why would we wait till next week if it was nailed on to be Lampard

Far from ITK, been told we are waiting to interview a further candidate who isn't in the UK.

Not sure if they are foreign or on Hols.

Archived