Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Another article on Super Frank:

www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5772471/amp/Chelsea-legend-Frank-Lampard-running-Derby-manager.html

Also mentions Dean Smith, Alex Neil, Paul Cook and Neil Harris as candidates, all of whom have their merits.

It does feel now though as if anyone but Lampard will seem a bit "meh" for most of us!

Could be a rather large red herring. Lampard unlikely to want to join a club without a significant transfer kitty and with Derby under FFP constraints, he wouldn't be able to spend.  He's probably too clever to risk tarnishing his career. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

This 'Love in' with 'Super Frank' reminds me of the scene in the Graduate when Ben's parents organise the graduation party for him and all the old family friends come over and praise him over and over again and keep saying how great he is......

So here's to you Mrs Morrison, Rammage loves you more than you will know...woe woe woe

God bless you please Mrs Morrison, The PL holds a place for those who pay...hey hey hey...

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

So here's to you Mrs Morrison, Rammage loves you more than you will know...woe woe woe

God bless you please Mrs Morrison, The PL holds a place for those who pay...hey hey hey...

Hello Frankie my old friend.............has Mel come to talk to you again..........

9 minutes ago, europia said:

Could be a rather large red herring. Lampard unlikely to want to join a club without a significant transfer kitty and with Derby under FFP constraints, he wouldn't be able to spend.  He's probably too clever to risk tarnishing his career. 

'Large red herring...hope the large wasn't a reference to our Frank...how very rude.....

35 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Super Frankie Lampard...Super Super Frank.......repeat 80 times until you are hoarse 

Hey hold on there... the only man you can call Hoarse (sic) is Richard Harris. That’ll confuse the young ‘uns and I should get a like or two off the old timers for reminiscing about that one 

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Hey hold on there... the only man you can call Hoarse (sic) is Richard Harris. That’ll confuse the young ‘uns and I should get a like or two off the old timers for reminiscing about that one 

That is stretching it a bit mate, I'm giving you one anyway!

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Well, hang me up by my nipples. I never thought I would see a reference to my favourite Western on DCFCFans.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mel is still thinking about it, is it nailed on? Maybe only the bookies think that. Plus Lamps is commentating in Kiev.

That kind of makes sense why it appears by all reckoning that FL has the job in the bag, yet it hasn’t been announced.... he’s out of the country on another commitment. 

Earlynext week will be the dawning of our new era under Frank Lampard ????

Thats my guess anyway ??

6 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

That kind of makes sense why it appears by all reckoning that FL has the job in the bag, yet it hasn’t been announced.... he’s out of the country on another commitment. 

Earlynext week will be the dawning of our new era under Frank Lampard ????

Thats my guess anyway ??

That's my guess too. It's going to attract a lot of media attention, the club and Rams TV etc. will want to take advantage of that with various photos, interviews and whatever. It wouldn't have quite the same impact if we announced it now and said he'll start next week when he's back from the final.

Remember when we got Clement? We flew a group out to Madrid to make sure we had the media material straight from Clement's sunny garden. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar case here and we're just waiting for FL to get this one last media commitment out of the way first.

12 minutes ago, OwdGladysHinton said:

Thought i'd put this comment in from the Fat Frank story on the BBC site.

Got a mate who works as an executive at Derby and told me personally that Carlos Carvahal is a done deal as next manager for them.

Wouldn't want Carvahal...Ranerie would be interesting though.

Is there anybody left at the club at exec level?

59 minutes ago, OwdGladysHinton said:

Got a mate who works as an executive at Derby and told me personally that Carlos Carvahal is a done deal as next manager for them.

Mel says he wants someone exciting. Carvalhal would be about as exciting as watching grass grow. Failed with Sheffield Wednesday, failed with Swansea. No thanks.

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Mel says he wants someone exciting. Carvalhal would be about as exciting as watching grass grow. Failed with Sheffield Wednesday, failed with Swansea. No thanks.

Did he fail?  Look at his record Wednesday 2 consecutive play offs when never been close for years. And Swansea his pts to games in charge was way above relegation standard. 

21 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Did he fail?  Look at his record Wednesday 2 consecutive play offs

Yes. They spent loads of money and he didn’t know his best team, couldn’t get them to gell and couldn’t score for toffee.

Negative tactics, weird substitutions and a relentless downward trajectory once he’d lost the dressing room. Sound familiar? I honestly think I’d rather have Rowett. 

1 hour ago, OwdGladysHinton said:

Ah the old ''my mate reckons'' ITKer. Carvahal would be a crap appointment. Pretty confident it's gonna be Lampard, considering everyone else other than your ''ITK'' mate reckons so. 

Archived