Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

Just now, Lambchop said:

If it’s Carvalhal I’m saying now that I won’t support him and I won’t go until he leaves. Worst possible appointment imo. 

I don't blame you. Would be an extremely unambitious appointment. From living in Sheffield, I know all too well how much the Wendies disliked him. They were laughing at Swansea for appointing him. 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I know all too well how much the Wendies disliked him.

I’ve got Wendy friends too, and they had just as frustrating a time with Carvalhal as we did with Rowett. Couldn’t buy a goal and he wouldn’t even put Rhodes on the bench. They were pretty sure he was going to take them down if he’d stayed. 

If I know this and Mel doesn’t, it doesn’t say much. Perhaps they should ask Sam Winnall. 

4 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I’ve got Wendy friends too, and they had just as frustrating a time with Carvalhal as we did with Rowett. Couldn’t buy a goal and he wouldn’t even put Rhodes on the bench. They were pretty sure he was going to take them down if he’d stayed. 

If I know this and Mel doesn’t, it doesn’t say much. Perhaps they should ask Sam Winnall. 

The most important thing for a new manager for me, is having one that will give me optimism and excitement. Names like Carvalhal and McCarthy etc won't at all. 

The likes of Lampard, Dean Smith, Warburton etc I'd find exciting and look forward to next season. 

Happily though, I'm 99% sure that guy is talking ******** about being itk, so hopefully we go on to get Lampard.

I was a Lampard non-believer.

But then I had my Friday night tortellini with wild boar ragu and pecorino cheese, watched 3 episodes of Made in Chelsea, drank milk straight from the carton, stayed up way past my bedtime, and now I have seen the light...

I should probably switch it off and go to bed.

Lampard? Christ on a camel! We’ll be relegated in February.

????

Lampard is making me uneasy already.

In the middle of serious, pivotal negotiations and he just jets off to Kiev for some draniki and a bowl of borscht like he is something special.

Who does he think he is? Making us sweat it out until Tuesday...

Bin him, and appoint Nathan Jones. Good ol’ Jonesy can’t even point to Kiev on the map.

7 hours ago, eddie said:

Well, hang me up by my nipples. I never thought I would see a reference to my favourite Western on DCFCFans.

Not seen it in years but that scene eddie gave me a whole new perspective on many things ?

Had a dream last night that involved Toadfish from Neighbours telling me that Darren Wassall had been appointed, let's hope he's wrong.

On the plus side I did get to see one of Steph Scully's nipples during the opening credits.

Just now, Carnero said:

Had a dream last night that involved Toadfish from Neighbours telling me that Darren Wassall had been appointed, let's hope he's wrong.

On the plus side I did get to see one of Steph Scully's nipples during the opening credits.

Toadfish Rebecchi for Manager! Get him in Mel!

18 minutes ago, Carnero said:

“Steph Scullys nipples” that’s gonna be my team name this coming season in sky fantasy football. Thanks for the inspiration @Carnero ??????

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

The most important thing for a new manager for me, is having one that will give me optimism and excitement. Names like Carvalhal and McCarthy etc won't at all. 

The likes of Lampard, Dean Smith, Warburton etc I'd find exciting and look forward to next season. 

Exactly this. I think the ‘buzz’ around Frank is really about the sense that we might finally be getting out of the rut we seem to have been in since Wembley.

A bit of wild boar ragu on the pies can only enhance that feeling. If Frank wants to helicopter in some borscht at half time, then I’m on board. 

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Now I'm curious what you wrote. Was it something innocent like arse or **** or ****. Or something rude like **** or ****?

Now I'm curious what you wrote. Was it **** or ******* or ****?

On 24/05/2018 at 16:28, Stimacked said:

No idea if there is anything in this Lampard link, MackworthRam has already dismissed it, which usually means it's not happening. 

The Idea of it is comparable with the Clement appointment,  although Clement had lots of coaching experience. Frank has done a few weeks on hand coaching practice with Chelski to complete his UEFA B and UEFA A licences. Apparently Abrahamovich wants Frank back on the coaching staff at Chelski, so he will not be short of offers. 

At this time, it's a massive gamble if  Mel actually offers the job. 

Other less glamourous candidates, who have management experience and encourage a passing style are likely the best option. 

I wonder if we have approached Brentford yet about obtaining the services of their manager. I think that the last time we approached a sitting incumbent was 2006 (Billy from Preston). Since then we have always chosen managers who are out of work. 

The question is - why not?

Just now, Abu Derby said:

I wonder if we have approached Brentford yet about obtaining the services of their manager. I think that the last time we approached a sitting incumbent was 2006 (Billy from Preston). Since then we have always chosen managers who are out of work. 

The question is - why not?

Cos we want Frank! ?

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why ! 

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's not anyone will do after Rowett. But when free of the shackles he imposed (although he promised very differently) then it seems the football world is our oyster.

So I originally voted for Warburton as I thought maybe he'd play proper football, but then I wasn't so sure about him. So I looked at some of the posters praising Smith and I thought yeah that's more like it. Then whilst revelling in the new found freedom to think joyful thoughts about the club I love I thought that Frankie might fit even better than Smith.

He's hopefully (I'll only say it once cos no-one really knows) be a modern manager/coach with fresh ideas. He'll supposedly have Morris with him to coach and maybe others too. He'll have access to and will be a draw for some talented youngsters, as well as giving consideration to our own U23s. He'll be a big media draw and get people talking about the club, hopefully in a positive way - like they did with Mac 1. 

So, no not anyone, but I think Frankie could be good for the club and the club good for him. 

Here's why!

Archived