Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

From the Telegraph - Some interviews have already taken place and more are expected today.

Might explain the shift in odds overnight.  Be good to have this resolved ASAP, although it is doubtful the candidates so far are in work.

Does a manager expressly need permission to attend interview? I suspect in any case managers will attend without the club's knowledge.

Fair to assume that the likes of McCarthy, Coleman and Lampard may have already been spoken to if we have any interest.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rample said:

From the Telegraph - Some interviews have already taken place and more are expected today.

Might explain the shift in odds overnight.  Be good to have this resolved ASAP, although it is doubtful the candidates so far are in work.

Does a manager expressly need permission to attend interview? I suspect in any case managers will attend without the club's knowledge.

Fair to assume that the likes of McCarthy, Coleman and Lampard may have already been spoken to if we have any interest.

If it works in a similar way to players, this may be tantamount to 'tapping up'?

We don’t necessarily need to make a panic appointment, but sooner rather than later obviously. Although players aren’t due back until the end of June there will be loads for a new Manager to be getting on with in the meantime.

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Yes and hopefully crossed off the list !!! 

Of course we need permission from the club if we want to interview their Manager, what will happen if we want to offer them the job as a result? It seems pretty obvious that we haven't the money to pay compensation so will get one of those out of work to cut costs. None of them seem exciting at all and going for someone like Lampard with no experience would be just stupid. Worrying times me thinks....

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You don't need to interview Coleman to see that he is useless.

I’ve heard Gareth Bale referred to as a magician a few times, but I never took that literally. Now I’ll have to - somehow he’s single-handedly convinced a good few people that should know better that Chris Coleman is a good Manager....Amazing. Bravo Gareth, bravo. 

Said elsewhere. I understand we've had permission to speak to Smith but it's all being kept hush hush so that he can go back there if it doesn't work out and Brentford don't have to deal with any fall out. Very professional. 

Carvahal has also been 'interviewed'. 

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Of course we need permission from the club if we want to interview their Manager, what will happen if we want to offer them the job as a result? It seems pretty obvious that we haven't the money to pay compensation so will get one of those out of work to cut costs. None of them seem exciting at all and going for someone like Lampard with no experience would be just stupid. Worrying times me thinks....

Any managers a gamble, Lampard maybe more so because of his lack of managerial experience, however if we haven’t got money his reputation alone could bring in loans that are required in the short term.  Plenty of managers with experience have failed, so maybe Lanpard may not be that stupid.

6 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Said elsewhere. I understand we've had permission to speak to Smith but it's all being kept hush hush so that he can go back there if it doesn't work out and Brentford don't have to deal with any fall out. Very professional. 

Carvahal has also been 'interviewed'. 

Not that hush hush then ?

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Any managers a gamble, Lampard maybe more so because of his lack of managerial experience, however if we haven’t got money his reputation alone could bring in loans that are required in the short term.  Plenty of managers with experience have failed, so maybe Lanpard may not be that stupid.

Lampard is one of the explayers who gives the impression he might have what it takes in terms of understanding the game, but is untried.

The more I think about it, the an unfashionable steady manager would do the job needed, but a Dean Smith type take us the direction desired.

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

To be fair I'm starting to put less and less value on experience the more I follow football - all the "experienced" managers available just seem to get job after job after failing repeatedly.

We do know that Lampard is intelligent (regularly talked about whenever he was interviewed), and that he's worked with some of the best coaches and managers while playing with some of the best players. You can't be sure that any of that translates but its not a complete write-off of an option.

What it will come down to is motivational qualities and things of that nature, stuff that we onlooking fans cannot begin to judge anyone's ability in. Whoever seems the best in these departments will get through the interviews ahead. 

Everyone involved in football can talk tactics.

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

You should have seen my post on him yesterday, could have been the first one I've posted you agreed with! ? 

6 minutes ago, David said:

You should have seen my post on him yesterday, could have been the first one I've posted you agreed with! ? 

I agree with a lot (ok some) of your posts, however I only comment on the ones I don’t ?

Archived