Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I can't believe that the twisted logic on here is that a candidate with absolutely no managerial experience is an attractive option as well hey we've had experienced managers here before that have failed so nothing to lose.  

Brexit logic ?

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Can’t answer everyone that disagrees with me over Lampard.

So here we go .

Rowett was not in the eyes of many doing a good job even though he reached the playoffs.

Some  were annoyed about the sale of Hughes and Ince etc and the style of football and I get that. 

Now if people didn’t like the belt tightening with the finance well that’s just the start in my eyes. 

Now the academy and how many are good enough for the first team we’ll thats a conundrum in itself but if we go down that line so be it. 

Along comes Frank Lampard with no managerial experience .

What is his remit is to work within financial constraints and FFP I would imagine so. 

So can he work wonders with the Academy and attract cheap players who knows and what will that mean regarding our League position.

Bring it on but some Forest fans are already wishing it to come true. 

Who cares what Forest fans think, they worshipped Fawaz like a god and detested Doughty when he was alive, that’s how clueless they are, they’d find fault in any manager we chose.

The future could be amazing for us with Frank, we don’t know, please may I borrow your crystal ball for tonight’s lottery?

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Who cares what Forest fans think, they worshipped Fawaz like a god and detested Doughty when he was alive, that’s how clueless they are, they’d find fault in any manager we chose.

The future could be amazing for us with Frank, we don’t know, please may I borrow your crystal ball for tonight’s lottery?

When we appointed McClaren, oh how they laughed...

When they appointed Warburton, oh they laughed at us, until,of course they sacked them.

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I don’t care what Forest-fans think either but I would hate us to be a laughing stock. 

Having said that I’m clearly outnumbered as usual and Eddie is getting a pensioners season ticket on the back of it lol  

So bring it on but I still doubt MM will do it  

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Rowett was not in the eyes of many doing a good job even though he reached the playoffs.

More people were willing for him to carry on as manager regardless of how they thought he was performing.

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Now if people didn’t like the belt tightening with the finance well that’s just the start in my eyes. 

People understand FFP and are not bothered how much the club spend on players. The right blend of players must be put together.

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Now the academy and how many are good enough for the first team we’ll thats a conundrum in itself but if we go down that line so be it. 

Quite a few on here are willing to give the academy players a chance to see if they are good enough, the only way to actually tell is to play them.

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Along comes Frank Lampard with no managerial experience .

Every manager at some point had no experience, some start higher up, some start lower down, some develop into good managers, some hit the ground running, some aren't just cut out to be managers, but, again, you do not know how they will turn out without given an opportunity. Lampard may be good, he may be bad, he may be average, but there is no point stressing which he will be as all managers come with the same risks. 

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

What is his remit is to work within financial constraints and FFP I would imagine so. 

Every manager at every club has a remit of working within FFP and under some sort of financial constraints, the odd occasion a club will flounce the rules.

22 minutes ago, curtains said:

So can he work wonders with the Academy and attract cheap players who knows and what will that mean regarding our League position.

Give him the chance to see if he can, at the moment it is all opinions whether he can or not.

23 minutes ago, curtains said:

Bring it on but some Forest fans are already wishing it to come true. 

Who actually cares what forest fans think?

18 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I can't believe that the twisted logic on here is that a candidate with absolutely no managerial experience is an attractive option as well hey we've had experienced managers here before that have failed so nothing to lose.  

Well, that’s you twisting other people’s ‘logic’, isn’t it. 

Nothing to lose in the sense that we’re already going into next season without high expectations, given the need to cut costs and see out the contracts of players on high wages. 

Experienced managers have failed, proving that experience is no guarantee of success, or even stability, so that isn’t really an argument against giving an inexperienced manager a chance. 

38 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Escaping from a situation where we’re ruled by an agenda contrary to our interests into the hope of a better future. 

I see what you’re saying. 

He got it wrong, there is no logic to Wrecksit Lamb....

15 hours ago, Topram said:

Why would we wait till next week if it was nailed on to be Lampard

usually because there's a candidate who for whatever reason can't make it to be interviewed til then...like a foreign manager who is currently out of the country

51 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don’t care what Forest-fans think either but I would hate us to be a laughing stock. 

Having said that I’m clearly outnumbered as usual and Eddie is getting a pensioners season ticket on the back of it lol  

So bring it on but I still doubt MM will do it  

It's a difficult decision. After all, with my new-found state-sponsored wealth and bus pass, together with the countless pennies I have squirreled away over the years, why on earth would I wish to rub shoulders with you poor people again?

22 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

usually because there's a candidate who for whatever reason can't make it to be interviewed til then...like a foreign manager who is currently out of the country

Not got Skype then?

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not got Skype then?

one would hope that we would want to meet them in person...but Skype not out of the question. Think also the Club like to give a tour of Moor Farm as part of the scene-setting and awareness-raising and vision stuff

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

one would hope that we would want to meet them in person...but Skype not out of the question. Think also the Club like to give a tour of Moor Farm as part of the scene-setting and awareness-raising and vision stuff

We've got plenty of drones...

Archived