Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

If we are going for top 6 I would opt for Dean smith, providing he brings Ollie watkins and Ryan Woods with him. If we are going to try and stabilise the club then i Would opt for McCarthy, but I wouldn't necessarily like the football. Not many exciting managers about and i don't fancy another season like the last. Hoooooooooooffffff and boring boring football!!!!!!!!! 

Playing devil's advocate I can see positives in McCarthy.

Despite never having much in the way of resources he's achieved a level of success at most clubs. Play offs at Millwall, Wolves and Hull, automatic promotion and staying up with Wolves, guiding Ireland to the world cup.

I don't really fault him for Ipswich's plight, never spent more than 1-2m a season and used the loan market a lot -  one thing I think may carry weight with Mel is that he turned Lawrence from a Leicester reserve into a 5m player.

If he manages nothing other than reducing wages, average age and getting Lawrence playing in a manner that makes us say Matej who this season, and then is given a little more next year to plan an assault it may be okay.

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Playing devil's advocate I can see positives in McCarthy.

Despite never having much in the way of resources he's achieved a level of success at most clubs. Play offs at Millwall, Wolves and Hull, automatic promotion and staying up with Wolves, guiding Ireland to the world cup.

I don't really fault him for Ipswich's plight, never spent more than 1-2m a season and used the loan market a lot -  one thing I think may carry weight with Mel is that he turned Lawrence from a Leicester reserve into a 5m player.

If he manages nothing other than reducing wages, average age and getting Lawrence playing in a manner that makes us say Matej who this season, and then is given a little more next year to plan an assault it may be okay.

We cant complain about style then go for McCarthy. That would be bonkers.

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Of the current top 4 which would anyone else take it has to be MM for me

but, what about the top 8? Then for me  it would be Mark Warburton but let’s see

318FFC12-8BFF-48F7-9C62-A74A2070EFF9.jpeg

Crikey who is placing the bets. Out of the top 8 I wouldn’t touch 5 with a barge pole, don’t want simmo. Leaving only Warburton and Smith. 

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If it turns out to be Coleman I might have to kill again.

Just be sure to be environmentally responsible in your waste disposal, choose murder weapons from sustainable sources, consider making reusable items, not just just trophies (a skull mug for example, or some real human skin undies) and use environmentally friendly detergents.

57 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Haven't had time to read all the posts but has anyone mentioned Chris Coleman. Think he has a good background and the experience at Sunderland will have hardened him up nicely.

Hate the man - absolutely no idea why, but just want to throw things at the telly every time his smug face appears - so that's a 'no' from me ?

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just be sure to be environmentally responsible in your waste disposal, choose murder weapons from sustainable sources, consider making reusable items, not just just trophies (a skull mug for example, or some real human skin undies) and use environmentally friendly detergents.

Feed the bodies to pigs. Job done.

Archived