Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

19 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

DET have done a small piece about Simmo - he's out with the u19s preparing for their Euros.

Can't see Simmo coming back,he's into a really good thing with England and he was shunted out unceremoniously when Mel came in....

He also saw what happened to Mac 1&2

I would prefer someone with zero derby baggage to come in and look at the job with clear and open eyes.

Let them make their own reputation here as a manager,unsullied by past reputations and allegiances as a player.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Can't see Simmo coming back,he's into a really good thing with England and he was shunted out unceremoniously when Mel came in....

He also saw what happened to Mac 1&2

I would prefer someone with zero derby baggage to come in and look at the job with clear and open eyes.

Let them make their own reputation here as a manager,unsullied by past reputations and allegiances as a player.

Completely agreed. I'd ideally extend that to wanting someone with little baggage full stop. I don't want us to go after someone who sees us as a way of revitalizing their career (i.e. Moyes) or someone who would divide the fan base from day one with their style of play  (i.e. McCarthy or Allardyce). 

PistoldPete2

Nigel Pearson and Phil Brown are on the bet victor list... is this just to wind rams fans up. Isn’t victor Chandler a forest fan?

14 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Wouldn't want Simpson. Might be a club icon, but a Stockport fan I know has him responsible for them being in the national league north. 

Seems a bit unfair considering where Stockport were at the time. Done well most of the other places he went.

"He replaced former manager Gary Ablett, who was sacked by the club's new owners after the club spent the entire season in administration – the worst season in the club's history, with County gaining just 25 points from 46 games.[citation needed]

Simpson was charged with the task of rebuilding a squad which has been ravaged by administration, and ensuring the survival of the club in League Two in the coming season."

Marcelo Alberto Bielsa Caldera..........."El Loco" the crazy one! ..........think I've mentioned him on here before.

Usually sacked or moves on after a year so would be right up our street.

Managed the national teams of Argentina and Chile plus lively spells at Espanyol, Athletico Bilbao, Marseille, Lazio (for 2 days) and Lille

Uses a 3-3-1-3 total football" high pressing formation.  Pep Guardiola credited Bielsa as his tactical inspiration and called him the "best manager in the world" in 2012.
This is a man who was still a rookie 37-year-old manager at Argentinian club Newell’s Old Boys in 1992 when they lost a Copa Libertadores game 6-0 to San Lorenzo and a group of the club’s hardcore supporters went to his house to protest to him personally about the defeat, he allegedly opened the front door to them holding a grenade and said he would pull the pin if they did not clear off, before chasing them down the street.  Sure that would go down well in Quarndon

For those on Football Manager, FIFA whatever or employed at Moor Farm can I recommend the following five minute video! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wDRVk4qvDX0

.ok then..................Simmo!

9 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

If we are going for top 6 I would opt for Dean smith, providing he brings Ollie watkins and Ryan Woods with him. If we are going to try and stabilise the club then i Would opt for McCarthy, but I wouldn't necessarily like the football. Not many exciting managers about and i don't fancy another season like the last. Hoooooooooooffffff and boring boring football!!!!!!!!! 

Dean Smith is currently the odds on favourite and with some bookies they have moved him off the list. What does that tell you. Love to see Ollie Watkins at the club, he was on the radar with Steve Mac at the time then it all died off once Mac got the push. Watkins played in 46 matches in all competitions last season for the Bees and bagged 11 goals plus numerous assists. Not bad for a Attacking midfielder in his first season.

39 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Intrigued as to who the fabled Alan Nixon is referring to here...

DFF1ED81-2663-4101-B742-52378D4D74CC.jpeg

I took that as Warnock or, at a push, Allardyce. Warnock isn’t impossible, but doubt he would take it as Nixon says.

9 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

If we really want to go outside the box, Jordi Cruyff is leaving Maccabi Tel Aviv at the end of the season. He’s been fairly successful both as a manager and DoF, is still 44, is a name that would attract players, has foreign knowledge, and reminded Nick Blackman how to play football.

Unlikely but not beyond our means given his previous clubs.

He's never really coached though has he? I thought he was DOF with a head coach doing the day to day stuff?

Archived