Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could Big Sam be enticed,?I know he doesn't set up for the most attractive football but he would sort the team out,get rid of dead wood,prob bring in some quality and prob get us up.He wouldn't come cheap but in the grand scheme of things the money wasted over the last few years ,his salary would pale into relative insignificance.Especially considering the return in ££££ getting promoted.

39 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd be very pleased if it was Smith. Nothing in football is guaranteed but it would be a good move.

It just seems that everything is aligned for him to be just what we need. MM has alluded to needing to scale back this coming season and Smith is used to operating on a constrained budget where you often have to sell to buy. Not to mention his reputation for playing attractive football and a knack for developing young players.

We might end up finishing lower down next season than this with him in charge  (I think that's somewhat envitable no matter who is in charge) but I think long term it'd prove a very shrewd move.

11 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Didn't he clash with the board because he wanted to utilise the youth which they didn't agree with?

In any case Forest are nuts - the fact it didn't work for him there means **** all.

Didnt he also leave under a cloud for only getting players from the agency his daughter worked for as well?

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Too many threads... any chance this could be merged with the manager poll or vice-versa please mods?

Merging topics would remove the poll, no way of saving it 

Paul Simpson with Robbie van der Laan.

Simmo has had success with previous clubs and I believe has a very good football brain. So my choice of him is not just based on him being a former fave player. The guy is intelligent, very articulate, has a very good temperament, and will have learned an awful lot under Mac2. 

Robbie v d Laan is also an untapped diamond. He has huge presence and gravitas when talking technicalities, and also a very good brain.

Both these guys have connections as former players, both got promotions but, and I must emphasise this, it is not this connection that is a sine qua non for the job. These 2 guys have what it takes in my view and their previous connection is just the cherry on the icing on the cake.

Get them in Mel.

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Paul Simpson with Robbie van der Laan.

Simmo has had success with previous clubs and I believe has a very good football brain. So my choice of him is not just based on him being a former fave player. The guy is intelligent, very articulate, has a very good temperament, and will have learned an awful lot under Mac2. 

Robbie v d Laan is also an untapped diamond. He has huge presence and gravitas when talking technicalities, and also a very good brain.

Both these guys have connections as former players, both got promotions but, and I must emphasise this, it is not this connection that is a sine qua non for the job. These 2 guys have what it takes in my view and their previous connection is just the cherry on the icing on the cake.

Get them in Mel.

I seem to remember VDL talking about being involved in running a non-league club now (could have been Newcastle Town), so this experience could make him a suitable candidate for a Director of Football role?

1 minute ago, Redcar said:

Dean Smith for me all day.... hope to god not an old player - forget the romance, its doesn't work IMO. ?

Yep. You are right. Can't believe that people really are serious about Igor for example...

Apart from Warburton, Dean Smith is my fav too. Bring back the real Derby way of playing football!

18 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Wass was well hit & miss when in temporary charge one week we’d look like a pub team the next like world beaters i think he’d be out of his depth in the no1 spot 

Maybe with an old head at the side of him it could be different. 

16 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I seem to remember VDL talking about being involved in running a non-league club now (could have been Newcastle Town), so this experience could make him a suitable candidate for a Director of Football role?

I believe he’s the manager there now. I see him more as coach under a head coach. 

Archived