Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

11 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not sure I understand that?  Sure, he's a nob for being on the 'phone, but where does the dash cam come into the equation?  Couldn't you just as easily have connected the crime to the colour of his car, or the fact that he was wearing a tie (or not, as the case may be!) 

Yep... I'm baffled by the reference to dash cams, sorry!

They have them to catch and hold evidence on other dodgy driving and crashes or incidents that may take place. Yet this ******* was also committing a pretty terrible offence themselves at 75mph, swerving all over.

11 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not sure I understand that?  Sure, he's a nob for being on the 'phone, but where does the dash cam come into the equation?  Couldn't you just as easily have connected the crime to the colour of his car, or the fact that he was wearing a tie (or not, as the case may be!) 

Yep... I'm baffled by the reference to dash cams, sorry!

We can certainly link it to the make of car. 

Touched on many times on this thread, lorries overtaking lorries etc.

Driving out on the A50 towards Uttoxeter yesterday, lorry pulled out to overtake a caravan. SatNav said 4.7 miles to next roundabout. Lorry eventually succeeds and pulls in, distance to next roundabout 2.7 miles. 2 miles to overtake one vehicle and people moan at middle-lane hoggers.

On 20/04/2019 at 22:10, SouthStandDan said:

Single mates bashing you for not going out on the town as much anymore. The lack of motivation to going out at weekends to is purely down to having a girlfriend for the last couple of years. I don't feel the need to go out and get plastered. Made me realise the main reason for me going out was to by random luck find a girl. After a few failed attempts, I've settled down with someone, now all of a sudden the urge for drinking in bars and clubs isn't there, unless it's to celebrate an occasion. I've had some excellent nights out with mates, but it felt so much more natural when I was single. It doesn't feel right going out "on the lash" now. I get the odd ribbing for being boring nowadays, but I don't care ? drinking silly ain't for me. Far too happy for that. I think they don't realise it.

+100000000000

And I agree with every word as a single (and always will be) guy!

I have other friends who bitch behind each others back for being "boring" or "whipped". Nonsense. People change over time. Their attitudes, what they enjoy, commitments, what they find important. If you cant support each other through that change, then you are a really dire friend

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

They have them to catch and hold evidence on other dodgy driving and crashes or incidents that may take place. Yet this ******* was also committing a pretty terrible offence themselves at 75mph, swerving all over.

Ah, fair enough.  I see your point.

Perhaps he's stupid enough to put it on YouTube, and stupid enough to have the microphone on the camera switched on... hey, he might even have an internal camera too, actually holding the bloody 'phone!  There's still hope the nob will drop himself in it!  Ha, Ha! 

#stupidiswhatstupiddoes  :-)

On 10/06/2019 at 19:21, 1of4 said:

Drivers who don't accelerate on a motorway slip road, Meaning as they attempt to merge into the traffic in the inside lane, they're not matching the speed of the vehicles already on the motorway. So as a result they are a danger to themselves, other drivers already on the motorway and a pain in the butt to the driver who as followed them down the slip road. As they too try to join the motorway safely.

I always go 70 on a slip road tbh, cant be pissing around

Ooh... still on the driving subject...

Picture coming down the A38 from Mansfield/Alfreton direction into Derby... Approaching Little Eaton Roundabout.  Two main lanes take you to the roundabout (straight on for Morrisons/Alfeton Rd/Chester Green etc, or right for A38> Markeaton).

There's a left lane there now (has been for a good while), which completely avoids the roundabout, and flows nicely and continuously to the left (Morrisons/Alfeton Rd/Chester Green etc) , with no restrictions.

There's a red light to the right of this lane, specifically controlling those in the main two lanes at the roundabout... and to be totally ignored by those of us in the left hand "direct" lane... some tart actually stopped there once, just as I was slowing down from 60 ish to a more comfortable 35 ish to take the sharpish bend! 
I nearly smashed her back end in, I can tell you!

Oh yeah... and what's with all the brown signs still directing us to the "I-Pro Stadium"!  Grrr!

Edited by Mucker1884
G & H are next to each other on a keyboard... I chose the wrong one, despite having slender digits!

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Anyone who does one of those “gender reveals”....

they should be locked up in the same cell as anyone who reclines their seat on a flight. 

I've absolutely no idea what you are talking about... is it the same as flashing?  

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ooh... still on the driving subject...

Picture coming down the A38 from Mansfield/Alfreton direction into Derby... Approaching Little Eaton Roundabout.  Two main lanes take you to the roundabout (straight on for Morrisons/Alfeton Rd/Chester Green etc, or right for A38> Markeaton).

There's a left lane there now (has been for a good while), which completely avoids the roundabout, and flows nicely and continuously to the left (Morrisons/Alfeton Rd/Chester Green etc) , with no restrictions.

There's a red light to the right of this lane, specifically controlling those in the main two lanes at the roundabout... and to be totally ignored by those of us in the left hand "direct" lane... some tart actually stopped there once, just as I was slowing down from 60 ish to a more comfortable 35 ish to take the sharpish bend! 
I nearly smashed her back end in, I can tell you!

Oh yeah... and what's with all the brown signs still directing us to the "I-Pro Stadium"!  Grrr!

Ever tried the roundabout at J 28 and tried to get to alfreton? The worst roundabout ever lol

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

they should be locked up in the same cell as anyone who reclines their seat on a flight. 

As well as disliking the attention-seeking aspect, I don't see the point in it. Surely you should just be happy about having a baby? The worst ones are where one of the parents throws a strop in front of all of their friends and family because it isn't the sex they wanted.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've absolutely no idea what you are talking about... is it the same as flashing?  

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As well as disliking the attention-seeking aspect, I don't see the point in it. Surely you should just be happy about having a baby? The worst ones are where one of the parents throws a strop in front of all of their friends and family because it isn't the sex they wanted.

Ah... So that kind of reveal!

They throw parties for it now do they?  How terribly exciting! 

*I was being genuine, having no idea what a gender reveal was referring to!  Should I get out more? 

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ah... So that kind of reveal!

They throw parties for it now do they?  How terribly exciting! 

*I was being genuine, having no idea what a gender reveal was referring to!  Should I get out more? 

The typical thing is where one of the parents pops a balloon, and if the confetti that bursts out is blue, it’s a boy, and if it’s pink, it’s a girl.

It’s a crap, attention-seeking modern phenomenon.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The typical thing is where one of the parents pops a balloon, and if the confetti that bursts out is blue, it’s a boy, and if it’s pink, it’s a girl.

If I ever give birth to a Dutch baby, I'm going full on Oranje confetti!  Hell yeah!  What a parteh that would be!  

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Spanish said:

voting for Boris as the next PM.  Duck me there must be 10 million people who could make a better effort at the job.

Sadly not one of those 10 million is one of our currently elected bunch of morons who claim to be politicians, from any party.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don't get me started. We will be discussing naming ceremonies next.

Either have them christened or not, don't need a ceremony to give someone a name ffs.

21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Sadly not one of those 10 million is one of our currently elected bunch of morons who claim to be politicians, from any party.

strangely, that's how democracy could be explained to an alien I suppose